Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Five Guys Every Girl Will Date

By Yele Ajayi
April 7, 2014 - 7:00pm

No matter how much control we try to take over our love lives, there are some things that are unavoidable. If finding prince charming was so easy the first time, we would never truly appreciate finally finding our true love. Unfortunately, dating is far from black and white, and you never know what pit stop or dead end you might hit next. But while you’re speeding to find Mr. Right, there are five speed bumps you’ll encounter on your journey. Here are the five guys you’ll most likely date in your lifetime. The Bad Boy: READ MORE

Spring Football Game

By Allie Gold

What do you miss the most about Spring Break?

By Katie Sullivan

Camo

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 5, 2014 - 7:00am

Army jacket, meet sequins. Army jackets are SO in right now. This feminine touch makes the jacket that much more hip. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.)  READ MORE

Carrie's Closet

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 4, 2014 - 7:00am

These racks of shoes would be something you would see in Carrie Bradshaw’s epic closet from “Sex and the City.” They might not be Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo, but who can complain when they have a shoe collection like this. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE

Springtime Desserts to Satisfy All Taste Buds

By Lily Feng
April 3, 2014 - 1:00pm

Now that the polar vortex is FINALLY (hopefully) over, we can look forward to spring. Springtime desserts are especially decadent and refreshing, particularly the cakes and pastries from Cream and Flutter and Pekara, but they also put dents in our wallets. Here are two special recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth and save money.      Carnival Cruise’s Chocolate Melting Cake   READ MORE

The “Bikini Bridge” – Internet Hoax Creates Unrealistic Body Ideals

By Mary Alex Japczyk
April 3, 2014 - 7:00am

Work out trends come and go, and women have no problem latching onto the latest body image craze. From defined collarbones to the “thigh-gap,” people are constantly redefining what it means to be skinny, fit and desirable. The latest fad sweeping the Internet is the “bikini bridge,” and is yet another way for girls to feel inadequate in their two-pieces. The biking bridge refers to a gap that forms between a girl’s bikini and stomach when she lies down, caused by protruding hipbones. This trend really took off in early January when a user on 4chan, an anonymous image board website, attempted to make the bikini bridge go viral as an Internet joke. READ MORE

Meet Carrie O’Grady, Army National Guard Combat Medic

By Megan Jones
April 3, 2014 - 7:00am

Before Carrie O’Grady, a UIUC senior majoring in psychology, heads to nursing school, she has bigger dreams: She wants to serve her country. O’Grady was recently sworn into the Army National Guard where she will serve as a combat medic. While this is technically O’Grady’s third year in college, she will be graduating early this spring and heading off to train for the Army in September. She will return in April 2015. READ MORE

Fourth Edition: Ask a Bro

By Illinois Contributor
April 2, 2014 - 7:00am

Her Campus: Why does a guy say they want to hang out in the moment and then not text me the next day? READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie: Kevin Ward

By Lidia Fitasova
April 1, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Kevin Ward Year: Junior Hometown: Belleville, IL Major: Financial Planning Relationship Status: Single Greek Affiliation: Delta Upsilon  What is your favorite spot on campus?  The Red Lion Beer Garden during Friday happy hour when it’s 70 degrees and sunny. READ MORE