Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Health and Fitness: How to Make the Perfect Workout Playlist

By Celeste Pollans
February 24, 2014 - 7:00am

No great workout comes without a great playlist. Creating a perfect playlist takes time, focus and a library of great tunes. Great music can carry you through a tough workout by making the time fly and the workout fun. Different types of workouts call for different music. There are different tunes necessary for running, abs, cardio circuits and cooling down. If you’re having a high cardio workout, you may need some pump-up music, but if you’re cooling down, you may want a slower beat.   Running Playlist: READ MORE

What is your favorite way to get in shape for Spring Break?

By Katie Sullivan

Royalty

By Rebekah Hakimian
February 23, 2014 - 7:00am

Pretty Pretty Princess allowed you to feel like royalty with the all the colorful plastic jewelry you could ever want when you were younger. You can still be that princess wearing the mini crown charm from Tiffany.  READ MORE

Jingle all the way

By Rebekah Hakimian
February 21, 2014 - 7:00am

Give your keys the pampering it deserves. The Louis Vuitton Key Pouch will help you drive away in style, while carrying your most important essentials. READ MORE

Men's Basketball vs. Nebraska

By Allie Gold

Meet Campus Celebrity: Emily Cleary, U of I Alum and Past HC Illinois President

By Eleni Murphy
February 20, 2014 - 7:00am

Recent UIUC grad and former Her Campus president, Emily Cleary, definitely didn’t hesitate when it came to plunging into the job market. Soon after graduation, she landed a full-time PR job and now is taking her talents to the next level. This week, Emily provides us with some insight on the dreaded post-college life and the transition from being a full-time student to a full-time worker. HC: What was your transition like from college to a full time job? READ MORE

Second Edition: Ask a Bro Advice Column

By Illinois Contributor
February 19, 2014 - 7:00am

HC: There are a lot of cute guys in my classes and at the gym. What is the best, non-creepy way to approach them? READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie: Anthony Manfrin

By Lidia Fitasova
February 18, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Anthony Manfrin Year: Junior Hometown: Sleepy Hallow, Illinois Major: Advertising Relationship Status: Single What is the best part about being a U of I athlete (Cross Country team)? The best part of being an athlete is definitely the family -like atmosphere we have on the team. The guys are great, and it’s a good feeling to be able to represent the university and experience it with my teammates. READ MORE

What's your favorite bar on campus?

By Allie Gold

Freshman Blog: Coming to College in an Age of Violence

By Charlotte Carroll
February 17, 2014 - 7:00am

I guess it hit me when my mom told me, “Think about those big lecture halls. Make sure to pick a seat close to an exit.” That was a few weeks before I first left for school in August. It wasn’t long before her words took a back seat as I just tried to find any spot when I arrived to class just as the bell was ringing because I overslept, or when I strategically tried to place myself next to a cute boy when I had time. Hey, we all do it. READ MORE