Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Camo

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 5, 2014 - 7:00am

Army jacket, meet sequins. Army jackets are SO in right now. This feminine touch makes the jacket that much more hip. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.)  READ MORE

Carrie's Closet

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 4, 2014 - 7:00am

These racks of shoes would be something you would see in Carrie Bradshaw’s epic closet from “Sex and the City.” They might not be Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo, but who can complain when they have a shoe collection like this. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE

Springtime Desserts to Satisfy All Taste Buds

By Lily Feng
April 3, 2014 - 1:00pm

Now that the polar vortex is FINALLY (hopefully) over, we can look forward to spring. Springtime desserts are especially decadent and refreshing, particularly the cakes and pastries from Cream and Flutter and Pekara, but they also put dents in our wallets. Here are two special recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth and save money.      Carnival Cruise’s Chocolate Melting Cake   READ MORE

The “Bikini Bridge” – Internet Hoax Creates Unrealistic Body Ideals

By Mary Alex Japczyk
April 3, 2014 - 7:00am

Work out trends come and go, and women have no problem latching onto the latest body image craze. From defined collarbones to the “thigh-gap,” people are constantly redefining what it means to be skinny, fit and desirable. The latest fad sweeping the Internet is the “bikini bridge,” and is yet another way for girls to feel inadequate in their two-pieces. The biking bridge refers to a gap that forms between a girl’s bikini and stomach when she lies down, caused by protruding hipbones. This trend really took off in early January when a user on 4chan, an anonymous image board website, attempted to make the bikini bridge go viral as an Internet joke. READ MORE

Meet Carrie O’Grady, Army National Guard Combat Medic

By Megan Jones
April 3, 2014 - 7:00am

Before Carrie O’Grady, a UIUC senior majoring in psychology, heads to nursing school, she has bigger dreams: She wants to serve her country. O’Grady was recently sworn into the Army National Guard where she will serve as a combat medic. While this is technically O’Grady’s third year in college, she will be graduating early this spring and heading off to train for the Army in September. She will return in April 2015. READ MORE

Fourth Edition: Ask a Bro

By Illinois Contributor
April 2, 2014 - 7:00am

Her Campus: Why does a guy say they want to hang out in the moment and then not text me the next day? READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie: Kevin Ward

By Lidia Fitasova
April 1, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Kevin Ward Year: Junior Hometown: Belleville, IL Major: Financial Planning Relationship Status: Single Greek Affiliation: Delta Upsilon  What is your favorite spot on campus?  The Red Lion Beer Garden during Friday happy hour when it’s 70 degrees and sunny. READ MORE

Where do you usually shop?

By Lidia Fitasova

Six UIUC Students Selected in the “Red Bull Can You Make It?” Challenge

By Hayley Eselevsky
March 31, 2014 - 5:00pm

Traveling across Europe with Red Bull as your only currency may seem crazy to most people, but these six students from two different UIUC teams are eager to take on this challenge. On April 2nd, UIUC students Matt McClone, Carson Masterson, Naveen Rajadhyaksha, Tim Lalla, Dave Smulson and Kailey Luzbetak will head to Europe to begin this once-in-a-lifetime journey. READ MORE

Large and In Charge

By Rebekah Hakimian
March 29, 2014 - 7:13am

Men’s watches are not just for men. Marc by Marc Jacob transforms your desire for a man’s watch into the ladylike watch you’ve been looking for. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE