Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Sounds at Sunset Concert Featuring Los Guapos

By Rachel Cordano
July 31, 2014 - 12:56am

Free admission! READ MORE

Sustainable Student Farm Market

By Rachel Cordano

6 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Probably Didn't Know About

By Victoria Robertson
July 25, 2014 - 5:30pm

Ever see a movie and think it was so good you wish it never ended? Well, some of your wishes have been answered. Here are six upcoming movie sequels set to hit the big screens that you probably didn’t even know about.     READ MORE

What is your must-see movie this summer?

By Rachel Cordano

The Best Chicago Eats for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Everything in Between

By Eleni Murphy
July 24, 2014 - 5:00pm

Chicago cuisine is quite unlike anything else. Outsiders might find it hard to believe that in this beloved Midwestern metropolis, we have our own distinct taste. Somehow we manage to be one of the top culinary cities in the US, standing firmly beside the likes of New Orleans, San Francisco and New York.      These cities are loved by "foodies" everywhere. If you don't know what a foodie is, the Merriam Webster dictionary (yes that's right, it's an actual word) defines it as "a person who enjoys and cares about food very much."   READ MORE

9 Things All Collegiettes with Summer Birthdays Have Thought

By Shannon Giovannone
July 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

Summer birthdays can be a gift or a curse. If you're (un)lucky enough to be born anytime between late May through August, you've thought these things one too many times.   You know the pain of never getting your locker decorated or bringing in cupcakes to school on your birthday.   Never has a little bit of wrapping paper and streamers meant so much. It’s only paper, but to you, that girl was queen for a day and you envied her.     And your friends celebrating your half birthday in the winter just isn’t the same. READ MORE

Don't Be Bored over Break: 3 Summer Craft Ideas

By Charlotte Carroll
July 23, 2014 - 10:00am

You’ve gone to the beach and binge-watched an entire Netflix series in one day. You’ve seen just as many firework displays as possible and now you’re looking for something new to do. The heat has become horrendous and now you may be stuck in a rut indoors, trying to avoid the hot weather. Well, channel your inner artist and turn out some cool new crafts. You can keep them for yourself, give them away as birthday presents or even start working on sorority gifts. Check out these ideas and hit up Pinterest for more inspiration.    Update an Old Mirror   READ MORE

Beyonce Said It Best: One plus One Equals... Two. (Not One!)

By Leah Parekh
July 22, 2014 - 7:00pm

There aren’t many feelings comparable to being in love. The beauty, richness, comfort and just pure fun it adds to life are undeniably fulfilling. You have someone who understands you, your partner in crime that you can do anything with. That said, I think there is one ironically important component necessary to grow and sustain love: having and maintaining a strong individual life.    READ MORE

Worthwhile Drugstore Beauty Finds

By Nora Stanton
July 22, 2014 - 5:30pm

Everybody loves a good beauty splurge once in awhile, but it turns out there are just as many products to fall for from your local drugstore that aren’t so hard on your wallet. Makeup counters at large department stores can be quite daunting when you are being bombarded by overwhelming scents, salespeople and samples. Cosmetic advertising also has a way of attracting just about any girl’s attention. Being a makeup fanatic I often find myself falling into the trap of wandering from counter to counter in department stores and eyeing all of the beautiful packaging and products.   READ MORE

4 Easy Ways to Switch up Your Summer Fitness

By Charlotte Carroll
July 22, 2014 - 4:20pm

It’s that time of year again, ladies. Classes are over, the winter that seemed to last forever has been replaced by a cloudless sky and the days are filled with possibilities. There may be  internships, jobs or volunteer work that needs to be done, but summer is usually more relaxed than all of the stress piled on by a regular semester.    Summer is the perfect chance to use that extra time and soak up all the fun fitness opportunities it provides. It may be tough to find the motivation without the campus gym filled with hotties nearby, but there are plenty of original ideas that can keep collegiettes looking fit for the upcoming return to campus in the fall and help relieve some post-work stress.    Do a Fun Run...