Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Meet Jesse Goddard, President of IMPULSE and Professional Model

By Kaitlyn O'Connor
April 17, 2014 - 7:23am

Jesse Goddard has been modeling and acting since she was thirteen years old, and she is now the President of IMPULSE Magazine at the University of Illinois. Her Campus: Can you tell us a little about your modeling background? READ MORE

Formal Fashion Made Simple

By Kristen Peuvion
April 16, 2014 - 7:33am

The semester is winding down quickly, which means sorority and fraternity events are coming to a close. But lucky for us, one big event is still left in the social calendar: formal! This event is the biggest one of the year and obviously requires the most glamorous attire compared to other social events. But the thought of choosing one dress out of the millions of styles, designs and prints out there can definitely be daunting. Here’s a breakdown of how to make sure you choose the right dress for you! READ MORE

I Left My Heart In Europe

By Charlotte Carroll
April 15, 2014 - 1:00pm

Maybe it takes walking into a completely new place for the feelings to set in. Maybe it’s each new corner turned and each new road walked. Somehow, you can’t get enough until you soak it all in day after day, night after night. And a week was not even remotely enough time. This past spring break, I was able to go on a trip with nine other girls from Illinois’ College of Media to Belgium and France. We visited Leuven, Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges and Paris. It was my first time out of the country and proved to be the spark to get back to abroad as quickly as possible.   READ MORE

Meet Campus Cutie: John Krapf

By Charlotte Carroll
April 15, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: John Krapf Year: Freshman Major: Molecular and Cellular Biology with a Honors Concentration. Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas. Greek Affiliation: Kappa Delta Rho. Relationship Status: Single. What is one thing that girls do that really bothers you? Wearing too much makeup. What's the craziest thing you've done in college so far? Unofficial 2014…the 6 a.m. wakeup call says it all. READ MORE

Illinois Baseball

By Charlotte Carroll

vWhat is your favorite place on campus now that spring has finally arrived?

By Charlotte Carroll

Pretty in Pink

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 12, 2014 - 7:00am

It might be cold out still, and it seems like spring will never come, but pink nails are a way to keep the warm weather around all year long. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE

I May Be an Eight, But If You Talk to Me I’m A Ten

By Aaliyah Gibson
April 12, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

Shopping Cheats Every Collegiette Should Know

By Christina Oehler
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

Every student knows how hard it is to afford the latest trends. Between paying for school, housing and food, it’s a miracle we have enough extra cash to go out at night. And when you’re living in Champaign-Urbana, there isn’t exactly the most colorful selection of apparel stores nearby. Borrowing from our roommates can only go for so long, so what is a college girl to do when she needs something to wear? Luckily, companies are catching on to this crisis and are trying to help us poor, broke students out, and many online clothing sites are now offering student discounts. While most online sites have a sales section, students can get further discounts on some of the most popular online shopping sites just for being students!...

Albion

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

I’d like to introduce you to one of my best friends, David Yurman. I am obsessed with my new Petite Albion DY earrings in edgy Black Onyx.  READ MORE