Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Third Edition: Ask a Bro Advice Column

By Illinois Contributor
March 7, 2014 - 7:00am

HC: When we're alone he is awesome, but when we're in a large group he is super awkward. He can't even look at me sometimes. It's not a secret that we hang out. Why does he act like this? READ MORE

Ugh

By Rebekah Hakimian
March 7, 2014 - 7:00am

We cant deny how ugly Ugg boots are, but we are all still guilty of owning a pair. But why hide when you can wear your not so typical pair, like a cable knit pair or furry leather pair. READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb: Kelly, @kellyufit

By Julie Homerding
March 6, 2014 - 12:23pm

Kelly U., a junior majoring in Agricultural and Consumer Economics and minoring in Human Nutrition, shares her fitness and healthy eating tips on her Instagram: @kellyufit. With over 32,000 followers, Kelly is an aspiring personal trainer and nutritionist, and she is already making her mark on social media platforms. HC: When did you decide to start dedicating your Instagram to healthy foods and fitness? READ MORE

Hourglass, Pear, Apple - Oh My!: Exploring Body Image

By Shannon Giovannone
March 6, 2014 - 7:00am

With spring break around the corner, it is hard not to be self-critical and self-conscious. While self-improvement is usually a good thing, it is good to recognize when a little improvement goes too far. February 23rd to March 1st was National Eating Disorder Awareness Week. After taking a quiz on nedawareness.org, I realized there is so much involved when it comes to eating disorders and, I was ignorant to how many people it affects. Four percent of Americans suffer from an eating disorder. Although it sounds like a small percentage, this statistic translates to 12.5 million people. Do not think guys are immune to the disorder as well. One in every four people with an eating disorder is male....

How to Style the ASOS Way

By Angelica Florio
March 5, 2014 - 7:00am

While searching the web, I came across ASOS Fashion Finder.  The website incorporates current hot pieces, what is trending now, SS14 trends, Street Style and more all into one website. I searched the site and came across many current trends and looks of the week. People upload pictures of their own looks if they are fashioning a trend of the time. It is easy to shop for the look if it is something that you adore. This website has all the latest trends and will keep you up to date on what is in style. To keep you in the loop, here are just a few of the styles trending off the ASOS website. For more trends, utilize ASOS Fashion Finder here at http://fashionfinder.asos.com. Logo Mania...

#Ellenois Came to Town

By Julie Homerding
March 4, 2014 - 11:00am

When Ellen DeGeneres tweeted the University of Illinois campus to watch out for a “big surprise” the news feeds of all social media accounts began to flood every UIUC student’s page. The most important question— Is Ellen visiting campus? On Monday, Feb. 24, #Ellenois was in town. Students started waiting for the surprise as early as 12 p.m. on the Main Quad. Classes were not an option for some, because ELLEN was going to be on campus, right? Well, not exactly. Jeannie Klisiewicz, Ellen’s producer, is a proud Illinois alumna and came back to the CU for a quick visit with the camera crew and a contest for the community to compete in. READ MORE

Cabaret Night

By Lidia Fitasova

Meet Campus Cutie: Sam Burnoski

By Lidia Fitasova
March 4, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Sam Burnoski Year: Sophomore Hometown: Batavia, IL Major: Advertising Relationship Status: Ladies, he’s single Greek Affiliation: Sigma Alpha Epsilon What is your favorite Illini sport?  Baseball, I play on the club team. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? I see myself in some sort of event management career. READ MORE

Illini Men’s Basketball vs Michigan

By Lidia Fitasova

You Haven’t Seen Him in How Long?: The Truth About Long Distance Relationships

By Leah Parekh
March 3, 2014 - 7:00am

Entering my senior year of high school, I had a very strong opinion about long distance relationships in college: don’t do it. Take a break; date other people. If you both still miss each other after some time, go from there. That “strong” opinion of mine has taken quite the turn, as I’m a freshman involved in a  long distance relationship, and I am more than happy with that decision. READ MORE