Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Entrepreneurship Forum

By Kristine Circenis

Free Student Screening of “The Taking of Pelham One Two Three”

By Kristine Circenis

Meet Campus Cutie, Sean Haney

By Kristine Circenis
April 22, 2014 - 12:05pm

Name: Sean Haney Age: 19                                                         Major: Molecular and Cellular Biology                                                Greek Affiliation: Psi Upsilon                     Relationship Status: Free Agent               Hometown: Burr Ridge, IL                      READ MORE

What is your favorite thing to see on campus once spring weather hits?

By Kristine Circenis

Walk A Mile Gets A Makeover

By Mary Alex Japczyk
April 21, 2014 - 10:30pm

A few weeks ago you may have noticed a group of men walking around the quad wearing high heels. No, the C-Street drag show did not come to campus for the day. This event was Walk A Mile In Her Shoes, an event to raise awareness about sexual assault. One American is sexually assaulted every two minutes. This startling fact, from the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, shows just how prevalent sex-related crimes are in our country. April is Sexual Assault and Awareness Month (SAAM), and Walk A Mile is held every year to coincide with this campaign. READ MORE

Crystals

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 19, 2014 - 7:03am

Statement necklaces speak for themselves. No need for flashy clothing, just pop one of these on and you’re ready to go. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE

Protein Shakes

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 18, 2014 - 7:02am

I couldn’t help but giggle when I came across these adorable and funny workout tank tops. Working out with your man is the best way to his heart. I would work out just so I can sport this shirt.  READ MORE

For Love or Money?

By Molly Bretag
April 17, 2014 - 11:16am

As college students, one of the biggest challenges we face is answering the question “what do you want to do with your life?” It’s impossible to avoid this question, and it can seem even more impossible to answer. We’ve always been told that we can do anything we want, and that we should follow our passion, But, with the uncertainty of the economy and student loans to worry about, sometimes the dream job we want don’t seem feasible. We have to ask ourselves, do we choose a job based on what we love or what will make us money? READ MORE

Meet Jesse Goddard, President of IMPULSE and Professional Model

By Kaitlyn O'Connor
April 17, 2014 - 7:23am

Jesse Goddard has been modeling and acting since she was thirteen years old, and she is now the President of IMPULSE Magazine at the University of Illinois. Her Campus: Can you tell us a little about your modeling background? READ MORE

Formal Fashion Made Simple

By Kristen Peuvion
April 16, 2014 - 7:33am

The semester is winding down quickly, which means sorority and fraternity events are coming to a close. But lucky for us, one big event is still left in the social calendar: formal! This event is the biggest one of the year and obviously requires the most glamorous attire compared to other social events. But the thought of choosing one dress out of the millions of styles, designs and prints out there can definitely be daunting. Here’s a breakdown of how to make sure you choose the right dress for you! READ MORE