Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Meet Campus Cutie: John Krapf

By Charlotte Carroll
April 15, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: John Krapf Year: Freshman Major: Molecular and Cellular Biology with a Honors Concentration. Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas. Greek Affiliation: Kappa Delta Rho. Relationship Status: Single. What is one thing that girls do that really bothers you? Wearing too much makeup. What's the craziest thing you've done in college so far? Unofficial 2014…the 6 a.m. wakeup call says it all. READ MORE

Illinois Baseball

By Charlotte Carroll

vWhat is your favorite place on campus now that spring has finally arrived?

By Charlotte Carroll

Pretty in Pink

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 12, 2014 - 7:00am

It might be cold out still, and it seems like spring will never come, but pink nails are a way to keep the warm weather around all year long. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE

I May Be an Eight, But If You Talk to Me I’m A Ten

By Aaliyah Gibson
April 12, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

Shopping Cheats Every Collegiette Should Know

By Christina Oehler
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

Every student knows how hard it is to afford the latest trends. Between paying for school, housing and food, it’s a miracle we have enough extra cash to go out at night. And when you’re living in Champaign-Urbana, there isn’t exactly the most colorful selection of apparel stores nearby. Borrowing from our roommates can only go for so long, so what is a college girl to do when she needs something to wear? Luckily, companies are catching on to this crisis and are trying to help us poor, broke students out, and many online clothing sites are now offering student discounts. While most online sites have a sales section, students can get further discounts on some of the most popular online shopping sites just for being students!...

Albion

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

I’d like to introduce you to one of my best friends, David Yurman. I am obsessed with my new Petite Albion DY earrings in edgy Black Onyx.  READ MORE

Meet Hannah Schlacter, President and Founder of ActGreen

By Christina Oehler
April 10, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

The Best and Worst Disney Sequels and Prequels

By Victoria Robertson
April 10, 2014 - 7:00am

In honor of the upcoming release of “Finding Dory,” “The Incredibles 2” and “Cars 3,” here is a blast from the past as I present you with the five best and worst of Disney’s (and Pixar’s) animated sequels. The Best: 1.     “The Lion King” READ MORE

How to Be An Independent College Woman

By Abigail Solano
April 9, 2014 - 7:00am

As students, we are all around the same age and have had similar experiences including getting driver licenses, going on trips and moving into an apartment for the first time with roommates. These are experiences that transform us all into independent, young women. So, what do you do when you get a flat tire or clog the toilet and you don’t have your dad, brother or boyfriend around to help you?   It is so crucial for women at this age in time to know how to do these “manly tasks” on their own. Emma Newman, a junior at UIUC, explains, “Women and men are equal, so there’s nothing a woman can’t do that a man can,” she said. “Most times, women end up doing it better anyways.”  Each collegiate woman should know how to do these following “manly tasks” all on...