Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Tissue Paper Pom-Poms: The Cutest 5 Minute DIY Dorm Decor

By Pauline Kulka
October 6, 2014 - 2:30pm

Whether you’re the next Martha Stewart or not really the crafting type, you need to add these pom-poms to your weekend to-do list. These simple and adorable tissue paper puffs make a great addition to any dorm or apartment. The best part? Each pom-pom takes under five minutes to make! What you’ll need: Approximately 10 sheets of colorful tissue paper per pom-pom Scissors String (ribbon or floss work too!) READ MORE

Kevin Carter '17

By Katie M Moran
October 6, 2014 - 12:30pm

Name: Kevin Carter Year: Sophomore Major: Aerospace Engineering Hometown: Grayslake, IL Greek Affiliation: Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI) Campus Activities: Illini Pride Relationship Status: Taken  What's your ideal date? First I'd have to find a date ... It's Tuesday night at 11:30, where are you? Red Lion with my boys, where else? READ MORE

Illinois Football at Wisconsin

By Elizabeth Deuel
October 6, 2014 - 7:00am

Go Illini! READ MORE

Majors and Minors Career Fair

By Katie Sullivan
October 6, 2014 - 7:00am

For more information, visit this link. READ MORE

Research Park Tech Talk with Representatives from Akuna Capital, John Deere and Yahoo!

By Katie Sullivan
October 6, 2014 - 7:00am

Great opportunity for all CS and ECE students to learn about opportunities for jobs and internships at Research Park from several companies! The panel will also include Caterpillar and Riverbed. Refreshments will be served. READ MORE

Illinois Football vs. Purdue

By Elizabeth Deuel
October 4, 2014 - 11:26pm

I-L-L! READ MORE

Kathy Ruda, Former Nike Brand Ambassador and Girl Who Barely Sleeps (Seriously ... She's That Involved!)

By Christina Oehler
October 4, 2014 - 11:19pm

For this week’s Campus Celebrity, we decided to feature one of our very own, the wonderful Kathy Ruda! She’s a senior in advertising and Her Campus Illinois’ Event Coordinator. Kathy’s involved in dozens of other campus-wide public relations and advertising positions that we actually don't understand when she finds time to sleep (although she always makes sure to get at least six hours in order to maintain her superwoman status)! She's also probably the most fashionable fitness fanatic on campus. We obviously think she’s pretty great, so read on about all of her experiences and advice to fellow collegiettes. READ MORE

Fall for Fashion

By Illinois Contributor
October 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

Now that it's October, fall fashion is officially in season! With the temperatures in Champaign changing daily, these ladies are proof that layers are the key to a comfortably stylish look.  READ MORE

Block O'clock: Where Day Drinking Prevails over Going to Football Games

By Mia Rose
October 3, 2014 - 6:15pm

Saturdays during football season are sacred at the University of Illinois … especially if you’re not a football fan. Alarms are set for seven a.m., orange juice is spiked with Burnett’s vodka and the bars become a sea of orange and blue before the sun fully rises. Having earned the reputation “work hard, play hard,” I like to think that students on Saturday mornings play harder than the football players. READ MORE

The Empowering Takeaway from Being the Biggest Girl in a Bikini Contest

By Illinois Contributor
October 2, 2014 - 2:22pm

Guest post by Zoe Kharasch, sophomore September 24. Not just a date in passing, not just a typical Wednesday, but the annual Joe’s Brewery Bikini Contest. When I saw the promotional page on social media, I immediately wanted to sign up. Not just for the $1,000 cash prize, but for myself. With a height of 4'11", womanly figure and lack of workout experience, I suspected I’d stand out from the other contestants. READ MORE