Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Film: Eight Netflix Movies to Save for a Rainy Day

By Victoria Robertson
June 19, 2014 - 1:00pm

Although summer isn’t necessarily prime film-seeking season, there are still those occasional (or frequent, since we are in Illinois) rainy days where a bucket of popcorn, some chocolates, and Netflix are the perfect cure. So for those days, here is a list of ten Netflix films worth checking out. 1. “Safe Haven:” Released in 2013, this is the most recent Netflix film on the list. Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel (as well as “How I Met Your Mother’s” Cobie Smulders) star in the romantic drama based on a namesake Nicholas Sparks novel. So if you’re in a sappy mood and in need of a beautiful love story, all bets are on “Safe Haven.”    READ MORE

Freshman Blog: Five Things I Learned My Freshman Year

By Charlotte Carroll
June 19, 2014 - 7:00am

As I’m writing this, sitting in the open lobby of my residence hall, it’s hard to believe that almost nine months have passed since my life completely changed on move-in day. Most don’t think that it will happen, but I’ve grown dramatically since that first day. Here are five things I learned throughout my freshman year. It’s liberating and exhilarating. READ MORE

What are you most excited for this summer?

By Rachel Cordano

Maxed Out

By Rebekah Hakimian
May 17, 2014 - 7:00am

I think my ears have finally reached maximum capacity. I choose to wear diamonds, flowers and stars to mix things up. When my mom took me to get my ears pierced when I was six, I don’t think she expected it to turn into a piercing addiction.  READ MORE

Spring 2014 Finals Survival Kit

By Allie Gold
May 16, 2014 - 2:00pm

It’s that dreaded time again – finals week. We’re all running on no sleep and a lot of caffeine. The only way I know I can get through this is with study breaks. Thankfully, Her Campus has sent us the Spring 2014 Survival Kit full of goodies from our great partners Chipotle, Luna and Popchips!
READ MORE

Animal Instincts

By Rebekah Hakimian
May 16, 2014 - 7:00am

Diamonds are a girls best friend, especially when they’re vintage, all natural and bring good luck. When an elephant’s trunk is turned up, you know the good Karma is coming your way.  READ MORE

Meet Campus Celeb: Sarah Madonia, President of Illinois Dance Marathon

By Nicole Galanti
May 15, 2014 - 7:00am

Four years ago, Sarah Madonia found her love for Illinois Dance Marathon at her first marathon freshman year. From then on, she continued to support IDM from different positions, climbing her way onto the executive board, until she reached her dream of president her senior year. Find out more on Sarah’s journey to lead IDM to outstanding things! HC: What exactly is Dance Marathon? READ MORE

Illinois Commencement Weekend

By Charlotte Carroll

Meet Campus Cutie: Knut Tjensvoll

By Charlotte Carroll
May 13, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Knut Tjensvoll Year: Freshman Major: Civil Engineering Hometown: Oslo, Norway Greek Affiliation: None Relationship Status: Taken What has surprised you most about college in America? The amount of frat parties! There's nothing like this in Norway. What’s your favorite spot on campus? Definitely the quad. I know it's cliché, but it's beautiful and it's the best place to chill in the summer. READ MORE

Finals week is always stressful, but there are also plenty of positives. What’s your favorite part of the week?

By Charlotte Carroll