Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

A Letter from Our President, Elizabeth Deuel, on Our Back-to-School Survival Kit

By Elizabeth Deuel
October 20, 2014 - 9:40pm

Midterms. Mondays. Mornings. Especially Monday mornings. All are trying times in a collegiette's life. The transition from summer break to fall semester is also one of these times. We get it. You had an incredible summer. You took a fabulous vacation, jump-started your dream career with an amazing internship or simply enjoyed your three months off relaxing by the pool. The last thing on your mind is school and everything that comes with it like papers, exams, homework and stress. No-one knows this better than Her Campus. That's why they sent our team a Back-to-School Survival Kit filled with a ton of awesome products from nine generous sponsors. Check out all of the items below that will help ease us back into the year....

A Collegiette's Guide to Apartment Hunting in Champaign-Urbana

By Katrice Perkins
October 16, 2014 - 10:03pm

If you’re tired of living in the dorms, guess what time it is?     It's apartment hunting time! When searching for apartments there are many resources available to students at the University of Illinois. A few recommended resources are the Tenant union, review sites, Reddit or friends who currently rent. It’s always great hearing first hand from upperclassmen about their experiences of living in apartments and houses on campus. In this article I will give some advice from upperclassmen about apartment searches.    READ MORE

Get Ready for College Fashion Week with bareMinerals!

By Elizabeth Deuel
October 13, 2014 - 11:13pm

First New York, then London, Milan and Paris and now … Chicago! Stuck among the midst of cornfields, Champaign's main source for all things up-to-date and trendy is Chicago. While the first four of those cities are known as the “big four” when it comes to fashion weeks, our windy city is now finally getting its own stylish spotlight! This Saturday, October 18, Her Campus is bringing College Fashion Week to Revel Downtown in Chicago. With swag bags, hair and makeup artists, samples from a fashion closet, plenty of photo ops and more, this is one event you don't want to miss. READ MORE

Kyle Molskow '15

By Illinois Contributor
October 13, 2014 - 4:36pm

READ MORE

Aaron Cater with Upside

By Rachel Cordano
October 12, 2014 - 10:03pm

Must be 18+ to enter. $13 in advance, $15 at the door. READ MORE

Campus Comedy Showcase

By Rachel Cordano
October 12, 2014 - 10:01pm

Must be 18+ to enter. $3 cover for under 21, no cover for 21+. READ MORE

Alpha Xi Delta’s Dine ‘N Dash Dinner and 5K

By Rachel Cordano
October 12, 2014 - 9:58pm

The spaghetti dinner is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, October 17. Tickets are $5 if purchased before event from any AXiD sister. $6 tickets if purchased at the door.   The 5K run starts at 12 noon on October 19. It takes place on the Main Quad in front of the Illini Union. Registration costs $15 in advance and includes a free T-shirt.     READ MORE

Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner

By Rachel Cordano
October 12, 2014 - 9:49pm

$5 tickets if purchased before event from any Sigma Kappa sister, $6 tickets if purchased at the door.     READ MORE

Women's Tennis Midwest Regional

By Rachel Cordano

Women's Soccer vs. Minnesota

By Rachel Cordano