Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

The Truth about Being Called Crazy

By Leah Parekh
September 1, 2014 - 1:43pm

As we all know, having feelings for someone, whether they’re strong feelings or not, can bring out a side in us that’s... spirited? Passionate? Fun?   Let’s all just take a deep breath and say it together: crazy. It seems as if every girl fears this label so much that over time it has become one of the worst insults a guy can throw at us. So what is it exactly that has us cringing, hurled over, with a knot in our stomachs at the very thought of being called crazy?     READ MORE

Why I Wouldn't Mind Not Being Greek

By Shannon Giovannone
September 1, 2014 - 12:51pm

Don’t get me wrong. I love my house, I love my friends, and I love being a part of the Greek system, but there are just some things about Greek life that make "Geed" (as in GDI, gosh darn independent or non-affiliated) life sound pretty appealing.   Actual School Spirit     I’m going to be honest, I miss going to sporting events. You may say, “Shannon, you can still do that. What’s stopping you from going?” And I’d reply that I would, except that most likely I would be flying solo if I decided to go to a game.  READ MORE

Top 5 Things Our Favorite TV Shows Taught Us

By Aaliyah Gibson
August 8, 2014 - 3:00pm

As summer starts wrapping up, there may be a thing or two left to do on the mandatory summer bucket list. For some, this may mean traveling to another state or seeing a favorite band.   But for others, those that suffer from the “just one more episode, I promise” syndrome that I constantly deal with, there is one goal on the mandatory to-do list that can’t be avoided or ignored: binge-watching a television show on Netflix.    From the shows that are fairly new to the ones that have been on since childhood days, there’s a show or two for everyone out there.   READ MORE

Top 5 Must-See Summer Movies of All Time

By Yele Ajayi
August 7, 2014 - 10:00am

Every summer, a new group of movies makes it to the big screen and consumes a majority of our entertainment time. Whether it be a romance, comedy, action flick or another genre, there are some pretty notable films from the past two decades that I think everyone should watch on one of those lazy summer days. So grab some friends and all the snacks you can eat and get settled because these movies are pretty memorable.   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2     READ MORE

The Scoop on DIY Beauty Treatments

By Nora Stanton
August 1, 2014 - 3:08pm

Have you ever heard about “do it yourself” beauty treatments? Many articles claim that the best treatments can be made with products right from your own kitchen!   So, in the name of science, I decided to test some of the most popular DIY treatments to determine what really works. While I'm not one who normally heads to the kitchen to make my own products, I thought summer was the perfect time to give it a try!   READ MORE

Her Campus Illinois Fashion Guide to LollaPalooza

By Mia Rose
July 31, 2014 - 6:55pm

Lollapalooza is more like fashion-palooza for all the crazed teeny-boppers equipped with iPhones and Instagram accounts. It doesn’t matter what concert they are seeing, but more like what crop top they are sporting. Music Festivals have been trending and the outfits worn are even trendier. So, I present "Her Campus’s Lollapalooza Style Guide" for those who are going in with the mindset, “Picture or it didn’t happen.”    Classic Crop Top Commodity   READ MORE

Sounds at Sunset Concert Featuring Los Guapos

By Rachel Cordano
July 31, 2014 - 12:56am

Free admission! READ MORE

Sustainable Student Farm Market

By Rachel Cordano

6 Upcoming Movie Sequels You Probably Didn't Know About

By Victoria Robertson
July 25, 2014 - 5:30pm

Ever see a movie and think it was so good you wish it never ended? Well, some of your wishes have been answered. Here are six upcoming movie sequels set to hit the big screens that you probably didn’t even know about.     READ MORE

What is your must-see movie this summer?

By Rachel Cordano