Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Fall for Fashion

By Illinois Contributor
October 4, 2014 - 10:00pm

Now that it's October, fall fashion is officially in season! With the temperatures in Champaign changing daily, these ladies are proof that layers are the key to a comfortably stylish look.  READ MORE

Block O'clock: Where Day Drinking Prevails over Going to Football Games

By Mia Rose
October 3, 2014 - 6:15pm

Saturdays during football season are sacred at the University of Illinois … especially if you’re not a football fan. Alarms are set for seven a.m., orange juice is spiked with Burnett’s vodka and the bars become a sea of orange and blue before the sun fully rises. Having earned the reputation “work hard, play hard,” I like to think that students on Saturday mornings play harder than the football players. READ MORE

The Empowering Takeaway from Being the Biggest Girl in a Bikini Contest

By Illinois Contributor
October 2, 2014 - 2:22pm

Guest post by Zoe Kharasch, sophomore September 24. Not just a date in passing, not just a typical Wednesday, but the annual Joe’s Brewery Bikini Contest. When I saw the promotional page on social media, I immediately wanted to sign up. Not just for the $1,000 cash prize, but for myself. With a height of 4'11", womanly figure and lack of workout experience, I suspected I’d stand out from the other contestants. READ MORE

Tackle Career Fair Season with Help from the Career Center

By Pauline Gaffney
October 1, 2014 - 2:30pm

A roar of conversation is heard from a gymnasium where a slew of booths occupy the walls. Each booth is armed with smiling professionals just itching to talk to people. Students weave their way through the crowded space, some intently looking for information from those manning the booths, while others are searching for pens, T-shirts, food and any other free items. The scene described is none other than a career fair. READ MORE

Henry Prystowsky '18

By Carly Goodman
September 30, 2014 - 4:00pm

If you like a guy with a sense of humor, then you'll love this week's Campus Cutie! Plus, he has a romantic side too ...     Name: Henry Prystowsky   Year: Freshman   Major: Philosophy   Hometown: Highland Park, IL   Greek Affiliation: Sigma Alpha Mu   READ MORE

Panhellenic Council Election Information Night

By Elizabeth Deuel
September 30, 2014 - 2:45pm

Learn about what it takes to be a Panhellenic Council Executive Board member, Recruitment Board member and a Gamma Chi! READ MORE

4 Artists to Check out from Pygmalion Music Festival 2014

By Angela Nostwick
September 27, 2014 - 2:25pm

If you’ve never heard of it before, The Pygmalion Festival is a music and literature showcase that takes place every autumn in downtown Champaign. Established in 2005, Pygmalion has emerged as a staple of the Champaign-Urbana music culture. Pygmalion’s past acts have included legendary indie band Grizzly Bear and EDM producer Diplo’s side project, Major Lazer. The festival this year, which started on September 25, ends tomorrow, September 28. If you didn't get the chance to see the live performances, you should at least check out these four artists that performed at Pygmalion this year.   CHVRCHES   READ MORE

Emma Weissmann, Former National Geographic Intern and Aspiring Journalist

By Christina Oehler
September 27, 2014 - 2:04pm

Ask any young journalist and they’ll tell you the same thing: their dream is to have a career writing for a successful magazine and living in a beautiful city. But how many can say they’ve made that dream a reality before graduating college? Emma Weissmann, senior at University of Illinois, is one of those people who has. Check out our latest Campus Celebrity and her aspiring advice to other journalists on campus! Her Campus: How did you discover that journalism was what you wanted to study? READ MORE

Illinois Football vs. Nebraska

By Elizabeth Deuel
September 27, 2014 - 1:18pm

Go Illini! READ MORE

Peter Bailey-Wells '17

By Anna Hecht
September 25, 2014 - 6:05pm

Name: Peter Bailey-Wells Year: Sophomore Major: Broadcast Journalism Hometown: Concord, MA READ MORE