Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Shopping Cheats Every Collegiette Should Know

By Christina Oehler
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

Every student knows how hard it is to afford the latest trends. Between paying for school, housing and food, it’s a miracle we have enough extra cash to go out at night. And when you’re living in Champaign-Urbana, there isn’t exactly the most colorful selection of apparel stores nearby. Borrowing from our roommates can only go for so long, so what is a college girl to do when she needs something to wear? Luckily, companies are catching on to this crisis and are trying to help us poor, broke students out, and many online clothing sites are now offering student discounts. While most online sites have a sales section, students can get further discounts on some of the most popular online shopping sites just for being students!...

Albion

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 11, 2014 - 7:00am

I’d like to introduce you to one of my best friends, David Yurman. I am obsessed with my new Petite Albion DY earrings in edgy Black Onyx.  READ MORE

Meet Hannah Schlacter, President and Founder of ActGreen

By Christina Oehler
April 10, 2014 - 7:00am

READ MORE

The Best and Worst Disney Sequels and Prequels

By Victoria Robertson
April 10, 2014 - 7:00am

In honor of the upcoming release of “Finding Dory,” “The Incredibles 2” and “Cars 3,” here is a blast from the past as I present you with the five best and worst of Disney’s (and Pixar’s) animated sequels. The Best: 1.     “The Lion King” READ MORE

How to Be An Independent College Woman

By Abigail Solano
April 9, 2014 - 7:00am

As students, we are all around the same age and have had similar experiences including getting driver licenses, going on trips and moving into an apartment for the first time with roommates. These are experiences that transform us all into independent, young women. So, what do you do when you get a flat tire or clog the toilet and you don’t have your dad, brother or boyfriend around to help you?   It is so crucial for women at this age in time to know how to do these “manly tasks” on their own. Emma Newman, a junior at UIUC, explains, “Women and men are equal, so there’s nothing a woman can’t do that a man can,” she said. “Most times, women end up doing it better anyways.”  Each collegiate woman should know how to do these following “manly tasks” all on...

Meet Campus Cutie: Billy McGivern

By Katie Sullivan
April 8, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Billy McGivern Year: Junior Major: Mechanical Engineering Hometown: Evergreen Park, IL Greek Affiliation: Sigma Phi Epsilon Relationship Status: Single ;) Favorite Date Spot on Campus: KAM’S Favorite Exchange Theme: Jack Murphy (Sigma Phi Epsilon 15’) and Riley Vaughn (Alpha Phi 15’)’s Wedding by far READ MORE

Five Guys Every Girl Will Date

By Yele Ajayi
April 7, 2014 - 7:00pm

No matter how much control we try to take over our love lives, there are some things that are unavoidable. If finding prince charming was so easy the first time, we would never truly appreciate finally finding our true love. Unfortunately, dating is far from black and white, and you never know what pit stop or dead end you might hit next. But while you’re speeding to find Mr. Right, there are five speed bumps you’ll encounter on your journey. Here are the five guys you’ll most likely date in your lifetime. The Bad Boy: READ MORE

Spring Football Game

By Allie Gold

What do you miss the most about Spring Break?

By Katie Sullivan

Camo

By Rebekah Hakimian
April 5, 2014 - 7:00am

Army jacket, meet sequins. Army jackets are SO in right now. This feminine touch makes the jacket that much more hip. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.)  READ MORE