Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois Archives

Meet Campus Celeb: Sarah Madonia, President of Illinois Dance Marathon

By Nicole Galanti
May 15, 2014 - 7:00am

Four years ago, Sarah Madonia found her love for Illinois Dance Marathon at her first marathon freshman year. From then on, she continued to support IDM from different positions, climbing her way onto the executive board, until she reached her dream of president her senior year. Find out more on Sarah’s journey to lead IDM to outstanding things! HC: What exactly is Dance Marathon? READ MORE

Illinois Commencement Weekend

By Charlotte Carroll

Meet Campus Cutie: Knut Tjensvoll

By Charlotte Carroll
May 13, 2014 - 7:00am

Name: Knut Tjensvoll Year: Freshman Major: Civil Engineering Hometown: Oslo, Norway Greek Affiliation: None Relationship Status: Taken What has surprised you most about college in America? The amount of frat parties! There's nothing like this in Norway. What’s your favorite spot on campus? Definitely the quad. I know it's cliché, but it's beautiful and it's the best place to chill in the summer. READ MORE

Finals week is always stressful, but there are also plenty of positives. What’s your favorite part of the week?

By Charlotte Carroll

Senior Sendoff: Wise Words From Four Graduating Students

By Julie Homerding
May 11, 2014 - 7:00am

It’s coming for us, seniors. That’s right: graduation. And while my last article was about what we’re going miss here in Champaign, this time, it’s our turn to give back. Do you have any regrets? Wish you joined that club? How early should collegiettes start building a resume? Here’s some advice from four UIUC seniors who want to make sure all underclassmen have the low-down about all the ins and outs of the University of Illinois. READ MORE

10 Must See Summer Movies

By Victoria Robertson
May 10, 2014 - 11:12am

Summer may be filled with warm weather activities, but for those days where you’re craving the air conditioning, check out these much anticipated summer films! 1.  “Godzilla” – May 16:  How convenient is it that this opens in theaters on the last day of finals? “Godzilla” has been one of the most talked about films of the year, and its release date is almost here! The film isn’t exactly star-studded, but with the addition of “Breaking Bad’s” Bryan Cranston, there’s sure to be great acting. READ MORE

Neon

By Rebekah Hakimian
May 10, 2014 - 7:00am

Nothing says spring and summer like bright nail polish. Put away your OPI “Lincoln Park After Dark” and be bold with Essie’s neon green “The More the Merrier”. READ MORE

8 Tricks To a Faster Metabolism

By Kaitlyn O'Connor
May 9, 2014 - 7:43am

Not everyone can eat an entire pizza without gaining an ounce. In fact, most of us can’t. You might be cursed with a slower metabolism, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. By making a few, small changes to your routine, you can boost your metabolism and live a healthier lifestyle. Drink Green Tea Green tea is great for you and your metabolism. It is packed with antioxidants, and it works with the caffeine to stimulate your metabolism and help with weight loss. Green tea can accelerate your body’s metabolism by up to 4 percent, which totals to between 70 and 100 calories a day. Eat More Protein READ MORE

What Your Favorite On-Campus Bar Says About You

By Hayley Eselevsky
May 9, 2014 - 7:00am

With UIUC bars being 19+, it’s an understatement to say that the bar scene in Champaign-Urbana rules this school’s nightlife. Here’s an outline of the most popular bars on campus and what your favorite says about you. KAM’s Don’t let the sticky floors or impactful stench scare you away. KAM’s is definitely The Fighting Illini’s bar for students and alumni alike. KAM’s is easily characterized by country music loving, beer drinking students who are down to have a good time. READ MORE

Flippy Floppy

By Rebekah Hakimian
May 9, 2014 - 7:00am

Sandal season has finally arrived, and it is time to break out those open toed shoes. My Tory Burch flip-flops are usually my go-to, but I might have to give these Michael Kors Cork and Medallion sandals a try. (Photo Courtesy to one of my Photography Interns.) READ MORE