Alexis Vaughn, Ford Motor Company Intern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Her Campus: Tell us a little about yourself!

Alexis Vaughn: I’m a senior studying Public Relations and Marketing. I waitress at Wedge Tequila Bar and Grill. I love to dance and eat. My dream job is to manage a brand or a specific person in the entertainment business. But if I could, I would definitely just be a food critic so I could get paid to eat.

HC: Can you tell us about your internship over the summer? How did you get it?

AV: Over the summer, I interned with Ford Motor Company in New York. It included working marketing events in the city, planning auto shows for the upcoming fall as well as monitoring dealership efficiency, profitability and sales expectancy. I got my internship by winning the Ford College Ambassador Challenge. It’s a 6 month marketing challenge against 9 schools nation wide. The Challenge incorporates real world marketing tactics and social media as a way for candidates to experience what it’s like to be on the marketing team at Ford Motor Company.

HC: What was the best part about working in NYC?

AV: The best part of working in New York was just being in New York. I had never visited before so being able to get paid to work in a city that’s so beautiful and full of life was amazing.

HC: What other internships and related jobs have you had? How do you think your internships will help you with your goals after school?

AV: I’m also a campus representative for a company called Intern Queen. As well as a campus representative for a grammar program called Grammarly. I’m also the Public Relations Chairman in my sorority. All opportunities which have allowed me to work on my professional sales and marketing skills.

Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter