4 Cute Ways to Spend Your Halloweekend with Your Boy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Just because we’re getting older, doesn’t mean we’re too old to get excited about carving pumpkins, buying costumes and consuming our favorite candy. If you opt out of spending Halloween with the girls, spend it with your significant other. Here are some fun ideas to spook up your Hallow’s Eve that you can celebrate with all weekend long.

1. Dress up like Your Favorite Celebrity/ TV Couple

On your way to a costume party and need inspiration? Just look at your favorite celebrity couples. Here are a few couples you can imitate with your boyfriend.

• Kim and Kanye: For this duo, you’ll need to take at least 100 selfies for the night. Dress your guy up in all black, give him some sunglasses and a microphone to carry around. For your Kardashian outfit anything tight and form-fitting will suffice.

• Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake: Although this couple is no longer an item, they’re still one of our favorites from the ’90s. Everyone remembers the couple’s denim moment at the 2001 American Music Awards. To be Britney, search a local consignment shop for a long denim dress. For Justin, a denim jacket and jeans will work, plus sunglasses and a hat if you can find it.

• Beyoncé and Jay-Z: Are you and your boyfriend on the run? For this costume, just become a diva by wearing a glitter jumpsuit with some tights and pumps, and don’t forget to add some curls to your hair. To be Jay, get a Yankee’s hat, chain and a plan v-neck tee.

• Olivia and Fitz: If you’re obsessed with “Scandal” like almost everyone, dress your boyfriend up like the president and you can be a gladiator for the night. To be Fitz, just pick your best suit out. To be Liv, pick out a suit as well, your biggest wine glass and make sure your hair is done.

2. Carve Pumpkins

If you choose to spend the night in with your boyfriend later in the weekend, make a trip to the pumpkin patch and enjoy the day picking pumpkins and taking tons of photos. When you come home from your date, pick your favorite design and carve your pumpkins together. You can get creative while still getting a laugh with your guy. Then sit back and relax while enjoying your hard work.

3. Movie Night

One of my favorite Halloween traditions is ABC’s “13 Nights of Halloween.” They always play some of my favorites like “Casper,” “Hocus Pocus” and “The Addams Family.” If you don’t like those movies, rent out all of the “Freddy vs. Jason” movies and have a little movie marathon. After finishing pumpkin carving, cuddle up with your boyfriend and blankets and watch some classic thrillers before the Halloweekend ends.

4. Get Creative in the Kitchen with Halloween Treats

If you and your man both enjoy a little baking, you’ll enjoy whipping up some treats together. Some fun baking ideas are mummy cakes, pumpkin cake pops, candy corn cupcakes, pumpkin pie, skull sugar cookies and the list goes on. You can make really fun decorations with food as well just for a display. So get your sugar, flour and tons of icing and get to baking.

How are you spending your Halloweekend? Do you have anything planned with your boy?

Photo sources:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/people/2014/08/04/kim-posts…

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/halloween_jack_o_lantern-wallpapers.html

http://giphy.com/gifs/hocus-pocus-movie-funny-jkH6SAznVzJZK

http://tidymom.net/2010/halloween-cookies/

I'm Yele Ajayi and I'm a freshman at Univ. of Illinois majoring in broadcast journalism. I love writing, dancing, and singing. :D
A senior at the University of Illinois, Elizabeth spends half of her time in denial of her impending graduation and the other half acting as Editor-in-Chief/ President/Campus Correspondent for the site you're on now, Her Campus Illinois. Her favorite color is pink, which makes this position a match made in heaven. Still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up, her passions lie in writing, digital marketing, social media and fashion. Connect with her on Twitter and Instagram @champaigngirl. And if you prefer good, old fashioned email, reach her at elizabethdeuel@hercampus.com.