Why My Little Sister Will Always Be One Of My Best Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

What a blessing it is to have a younger sister. She will always be a constant in my life, and I am forever grateful for that.

She is someone I can laugh with, cry with, and be myself around.

She is the sunshine on my darkest days and always makes me roll on the floor laughing with her corny and sarcastic jokes.

Having a sister really changed my perspective on life – for the better. She makes me realize that all of my stress from school and petty drama is irrelevant, and she makes me look at the big picture.

Being away at college makes me realize how much she means to me, and Snapchat is the closest thing to us being together throughout the day.

I love going through life with her and reliving my past experiences such as high school homecoming, boy drama, late night football games, and marching band competitions through her all over again, because now I’m watching her experience those things. When I was going through these experiences, she was always there for me cheering me on, and now I love to reminisce on those past memories.

I love my partner-in-crime, the peanut butter to my jelly, and the flip to my flop.

So, shout out to my brilliant, incredible, and beautiful little sister; this is for you.

Anamarija Dimevska

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State