Twitter Has Become More Visual and Interactive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Twitter has launched a new update that changes the face of user’s Twitter feed.  The update has effected both the website’s appearance as well as the mobile app. While on Twitter users will notice that visuals have become more prominent on their feed. Previously, in order to view a photo or a Vine users had to click on a link to open the image or video in a new window. The update created an easy way to view images and Vines as they already appear on the feed as a larger image.  Now users can quickly view an image or play a video directly from their Twitter feed. Simply click the image that already appears on the feed to enlarge the visuals. Another added feature on the mobile app is user’s ability to easily retweet, favorite or reply to tweets directly from their feed. This is a change from previously having to click on the tweet to select one of those options.  

If you are not a fan of the new changes made to Twitter and it’s enhanced visuals you can opt out of the change on your mobile app by going to your settings and turning it off.

Be sure to follow Her Campus Illinois State on Twitter at @HCIllinoisState!

Contributor account for Illinois State