Things We Forget To Thank Our Moms For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Going away to college is a big change for not only us, but our moms too. You don’t realize just how much your mom does for you until you no longer have home cooked meals and have to *gasp* do your own laundry. Although we do appreciate our moms a little more being away at school, there are still things we probably forget to thank them for:

1.  Thank you for calling me almost every day, just to talk.

2.  Even if every single phone call lasts over an hour, I never get sick of your voice.

3.  Thank you for sending me care packages.

4.  And putting money in my account when you realize just how broke I am.

5.  Thank you for always asking about my grades.

6.  Thank you for congratulating me when I do well and encouraging me if I don’t get the grade I wanted.

7.  Thank you for getting so excited to come to school for parent’s weekend.

8.  And genuinely wanting to get to know every single one of my friends when you’re here.

9.  Speaking of parent’s weekend…thank you for always bringing me groceries when you make the trip here.

10.  My wallet can never thank you enough.

11.  Thank you for always calming me down when I call you crying or screaming due to a school induced mental breakdown.

12.  Even if you can’t be with me, you never fail to make me feel better.

13.  Thank you for putting me in my place when I am in the wrong.

14.  Which is rare…but it happens.

15.  Thank you for sending me pictures of friends and family at home, including my dogs. 

16.  Thank you for getting so excited for me to come home.

17.  And always making my favorite meals when I do.

18.  Thank you for always listening to my problems and giving me advice on how to fix them.

19.  Thank you for always pushing me to do my best.

20.  Even when I am discouraged, you are the one person who can inspire me to do anything.

21.  Thank you for every single thing you do, nothing ever goes unnoticed.

22.  Thank you for being you.

23.  Which is the best mom I could’ve ever asked for.

Alexis Bauer

Illinois State

Lover of sarcasm and pizza.
Contributor account for Illinois State