Summer Music Festivals To Look Out for This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Summer isn’t just about working it’s also about treating yo’ self! What is the best way to treat yourself in the summer, you ask? Go to a music festival! There are so many music festivals happening all over the country, so now is the time to pick the ones you want to go to and start saving up. Of course, we would all love to go all of them but then we wouldn’t be able to work and save money. So, pick a few off the must list and you can live it up this summer.

To start let’s talk festival…

Pitchfork is a Chicago festival that will take place in Chicago’s Union Park from July 14-16th featuring artists like Danny Brown, A Tribe Called Quest, Solange, and more. This festival is becoming one of Chicago’s most popular.

Speaking of popular festivals, I have to mention the most popular in the country which 100 percent is Coachella that takes place in sunny Los Angeles. If you haven’t heard, due to Beyonce’s blessing of being pregnant with twins, Lady Gaga will replace her. Other amazing artists that will be there include Two Door Cinema Club, Mac Miller, Martin Garrix, and none other than DJ Khaled. This festival is always crawling with celebrities, so if you have the funds, I would suggest going.

Now let’s travel to the other side of the country where I will be treating myself this summer, Governors Ball music festival in New York City. This festival has my favorite artist as a headliner the amazing Chance The Rapper. This awesome festival includes a wide variety of musicians, the list includes Cage the Elephant, Kehlani, Wu Tang Clan, and Lorde just to say a few names. The amount of excitement I have for this festival is indescribable.

Taking a look at festivals that look like giant raves, that’s right I’m talking about Spring Awakening. This festival always fills the streets of Chicago with the most neon colors and interesting outfits. This year’s lineup includes Benny Benassi, Diplo, and Marshmello.

The final festival you should look into going to is Bonnaroo. This festival always look crazy packed and so much fun. The festival the lineup goes on and on. They have popular names like: The Weeknd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flume, and Travis Scott.

So, with all this in mind put, down the wallet; you don’t need that super expensive festival top. Have fun and make some serious memories this summer.

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State