This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Summer 2015: BloNo Edition

As spring classes come to a halt and finals begin, I’m sure all students are asking themselves, “Where has the time truly gone?” It is that time of year that belongings get shoved into boxes, cars are packed to full capacity and parents emerge onto campus to take their college students home for the summer. However, the fun at the Ilstu doesn’t have to end for all. For students, like myself, staying on campus over the summer, our experiences and memories have just begun. Make the most of your summer in this happy place by stepping out of your comfort zone to explore BloNo for what it really is. Here a few hot spots to check out this summer:

1. Miller Park Zoo

Make the most of the sunshine and warm temperatures by taking a stroll and plenty of pictures of the beautiful nature and fun animals in Miller Park Zoo. This makes for a perfect daytime activity with your friends or a date!

2. The Corn Crib- Cornbelters

What is better than a hot dog, a can of beer and a baseball game in the summer? The Normal Cornbelters, a frontier league team, straight out of BloNo! Not only is this a beautiful venue for baseball but for outdoor concerts too!

3. Merlot and the Masterpiece

Unwind from your summer class schedule or your busy workdays with a beverage of choice and a paintbrush in your hand. At Merlot and the Masterpiece you get a blank canvas to create on and a BYOB policy that can be enjoyed by all.

4. ESCAPE Bloomington

Looking for an activity to do with your family visiting or with your group of friends? Then this is the spot for you! While time is working against your team, you must solve puzzles, decode clues and use common sense to escape before the clock runs out. If your team is victorious you earn bragging rights and a spot on their Escapee wall of fame.

5. Grady’s Family Fun Park

Don’t let the title deceive you, red birds. This amusement park is truly one of a kind and will unleash your inner child. It is packed with fun attractions like go-karts, bumper cars, mini golf, and batting cages. Prices are within a college student’s budget and their Ice Cream Shoppe is opening this summer!

Contributor account for Illinois State