Struggles Curvy Girls Go Through in Warm Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

​Summer is coming in HOT and while that can bring awesome stuff like swimming and ice cream, it can also be…well, hot. Here are some struggles most curvy girls, and all girl-kind, go through during this ruthless weather. 

1. Boob Sweat Tsunami

This is applicable to all girls, really. When you have that telling sweat patch underneath the girls, it gives a whole new, uncomfortable meaning to the “water bra”. Ew. 

2. Wearing skirts or dresses is straight up FLASH CITY 

You want to wear that floral skater skirt, but your body’s too bootilicous for class or the workplace. The amount of awkward squatting is just ridiculous.

3. Sweatprints on errything

This is another struggle that every girl goes through. When you sit on any surface in the extreme heat and you leave that distinct, sweaty thong-like imprint in the process. Sigh, it’s an awkward moment for whoever takes your seat after you.

4. Strapless tops + big boobs = never-ending pull ups

Just think of all the strength you are gaining in your hand/arm muscles from the constant covering of cleavage.

5. The Quest for Cute Swimsuits is Long and Perilous.  

Yes Target, that two piece is adorable, but why doN’T YOU HAVE MY SIZE INSTORE?! And the infuriating process of buying online and having it still not fit when you try it on at home, then shipping it back. I just can’t even.

6. Chafing…. So. Much. Chafing.

Want to wear a summer dress? Oh, that’s cute. Time for shorts? Lol nice try. How about FIREY HELL BETWEEN YOUR THIGHS INSTEAD?

Even through all the struggles though, you remember how damn hot you look, and the hot weather doesn’t seem so bad anymore…. But seriously, chafing can fuck all the way off.

senior English Studies major and French minor with a passion for writing, reading and watching horror movies.
Contributor account for Illinois State