Sara McBride ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

When I say this week’s Campus Cutie is one of a kind, I truly mean it. 
If any of you know Sara McBride, we can all agree that her beauty radiates inside and out and her whole heart is built around her friends and family. She puts the needs of others before herself and loves nothing more than making sure everyone around her is happy. Contrary to belief, she is single; but this girl knows what she wants and won’t settle for anything less than her perfect guy.Name: Sara McBrideHometown: Glen Ellyn, ILYear in School: SeniorMajor: Communication: Organizational and LeadershipRelationship Status: SingleFavorite Food: Italian beef (soaked, with mozzarella and green peppers) – must be from Chicago areaFavorite Movie: GreaseFavorite TV Show: Sons of AnarchyFavorite Holiday: 4th of JulyGo-to Party Song: “Want That Old Thing Back”, Matoma remix, by The Notorious B.I.G.Pet Peeve: When people eat chipotle in front of me.

HerCampus ISU: What has been your favorite experience at ISU?Sara McBride: The opportunity I had to study abroad in Hong Kong.

HC ISU: What type of involvement do you have on campus?SM: I am a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority, a mentor of S.T.A.M.P, and a study abroad ambassador.

HC ISU: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?SM: In ten years I see myself putting my husband’s hair in a man bun while my son Jerry is chewing on something he’s not supposed to all while my chocolate lab is chasing it’s tail.

HC ISU: What is your guilty pleasure?SM: Making my gals uncomfortable with my talks of revolution.

HC ISU: If you ruled the world, what would you change?SM: The way women put men’s needs before their own.

HC ISU: Of those in your life, whom do you admire the most?SM: I admire my mom the most, no question.

HC ISU: Guy and girl celebrity crush?SM: Guy: Charlie Hunman, Girl: Lana Del Ray.

HC ISU: Describe your perfect guy:SM: My perfect guy would know my chipotle order, whisper sweet biggie raps in my ear, hum a lyric or two from Grease, and obviously… have a man bun.

HC ISU: What’s the first thing you notice about a guy?SM: Definitely their shoes.

HC ISU: What’s the nicest thing a guy has ever done for you?SM: He flew me out to Boston for a date event.

HC ISU: Biggest turn on and turn off?SM: Biggest turn on: man bun, biggest turn off: no man bun.

HC ISU: Do you believe in love at first sight?SM: Yes.

HC ISU: How can a guy win your heart?SM: He needs to be the kind of man that my dad was.

Alyssa Ortiz

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State