Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Features

Normal Haunted Trail

By Grace O'Brien
October 30, 2014 - 1:13pm

Ready to get scared? I'm sure you’ve never seen the Constitution Trail like this before! Round up your closest friends and get ready for some thrills and chills on a haunted walk through the woods!  READ MORE

5 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending ISU Sporting Events

By Katy Winge
October 28, 2014 - 3:55pm

The Redbirds have set the standard extremely high this fall; the sad thing is, many students have no idea. Maybe sports aren’t your thing, and maybe you’re not into the whole school spirit thing. But at the very least you should know your school is making history in the sport world. If you thought Illinois State wasn’t a school with a top-notch athletic reputation, think again. Here are 5 reasons you should reconsider attending a few games, especially right now.  READ MORE

Vidette Value

By Grace Masching
October 24, 2014 - 11:09am

If you are an Illinois State University student or Blo-No resident, @Vidette_Value is the latest Twitter page to follow!  READ MORE

ISU Gets Fancy: Iggy Azalea Concert Review

By Chloe Kasper
October 22, 2014 - 5:05pm

Over this past weekend, Illinois State’s campus got a little fancier thanks to rapper Iggy Azalea. Iggy Azalea performed a sold out show at ISU’s Braden Auditorium this past Saturday. The event was sponsored by the University Program Board and sold out quickly; some fans waited in line for up to three hours to get their tickets at the start of the semester when the Iggy Azalea hype first began. As one of those fellow line goers, I can attest to the long waiting time and after this weekend, I can also attest to the fact that it was well worth the wait. READ MORE

College Fashionista

By Grace Masching
October 19, 2014 - 6:07pm

Are you fashion obsessed? Are you always putting together different outfits or looking at different fashionistas on campus? Well, Amy Levin felt the same way; In 2009, she launched the website CollegeFashionista.com out of her dorm room with other writers from four different campuses.  Today, the website has become into a fully functioning business with over 1,000 Style Gurus at over 400 campuses. Recently, they launched the website and are heavily focused on the editorial aspects of fashion.  READ MORE

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

By Rebecca Davis
October 17, 2014 - 1:46pm

Find activities near you: Watch movies and learn about breast cancer! The Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal is hosting a movie night for women from 5:30-8 p.m. on October 23. The hospital will be screening ‘Freaky Friday’, as well as offering breast health information, food, and prizes, all for free! To register, call 800-323-8622 or visit www.advocatehealth.com/bromenn Go For A Run: READ MORE

Four Fun Places to Visit in Central Illinois During October

By Colleen Besler
October 15, 2014 - 2:08pm

Rader Family Farm (Normal, IL)- Who doesn’t love a good, old-fashioned pumpkin patch? Rader Family Farm is the go-to place to pick out the biggest, and sometimes scariest, pumpkins.  Once you pick out your perfect orange bundle, visitors are encouraged to venture through the 10-acre corn maze. Then, after all of that running around, you deserve a treat! Lucky you, Rader’s is full of them; make sure to stop in the gift shop for some pumpkin bars, ice cream, and hot cider (yes, all three are encouraged). READ MORE

Redbird Football

By Alyssa Damato
October 14, 2014 - 1:59pm

When you think of football, what comes to mind?  Is it big groups of drunken guys screaming at the game on their TV?  Or is it the boys who seem to be religiously checking their fantasy football rankings?  You can’t forget about that time you almost got hit in the face with a football while walking to class in the quad.     Football is not something that us girls tend to put as a top priority in our lives.  Yes, we do enjoy attending the games to yell at the opposing team, socialize with the cute boys sitting around us, and to be a part of something with the rest of our school.  But what some of us overlook is the amazing work that is being done on the field and all of the blood, sweat, and tears that are put into it.  ...

The Designated Driver Dilemma

By Katy Winge
October 6, 2014 - 2:30pm

As most of you probably heard, there have been some issues on our campus regarding students being designated drivers…   Reread that last sentence. I cannot believe I even had to write that, and that this is a problem our community is choosing to address.    READ MORE

Sigma Chi Derby Days

By Alyssa Ortiz
October 2, 2014 - 1:25pm

The Sigma Chi fraternity took philanthropy to a whole new level last week with their event, Derby Days! Derby Days is an annual philanthropy held by all Sigma Chi chapters across the nation. This weeklong, philanthropic event involved sororities on campus competing in a variety of activities and sporting events; all events helped raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Institution. READ MORE