Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Features

College Fashionista

By Grace Masching
October 19, 2014 - 6:07pm

Are you fashion obsessed? Are you always putting together different outfits or looking at different fashionistas on campus? Well, Amy Levin felt the same way; In 2009, she launched the website CollegeFashionista.com out of her dorm room with other writers from four different campuses.  Today, the website has become into a fully functioning business with over 1,000 Style Gurus at over 400 campuses. Recently, they launched the website and are heavily focused on the editorial aspects of fashion.  READ MORE

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

By Rebecca Davis
October 17, 2014 - 1:46pm

Find activities near you: Watch movies and learn about breast cancer! The Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal is hosting a movie night for women from 5:30-8 p.m. on October 23. The hospital will be screening ‘Freaky Friday’, as well as offering breast health information, food, and prizes, all for free! To register, call 800-323-8622 or visit www.advocatehealth.com/bromenn Go For A Run: READ MORE

Four Fun Places to Visit in Central Illinois During October

By Colleen Besler
October 15, 2014 - 2:08pm

Rader Family Farm (Normal, IL)- Who doesn’t love a good, old-fashioned pumpkin patch? Rader Family Farm is the go-to place to pick out the biggest, and sometimes scariest, pumpkins.  Once you pick out your perfect orange bundle, visitors are encouraged to venture through the 10-acre corn maze. Then, after all of that running around, you deserve a treat! Lucky you, Rader’s is full of them; make sure to stop in the gift shop for some pumpkin bars, ice cream, and hot cider (yes, all three are encouraged). READ MORE

Redbird Football

By Alyssa Damato
October 14, 2014 - 1:59pm

When you think of football, what comes to mind?  Is it big groups of drunken guys screaming at the game on their TV?  Or is it the boys who seem to be religiously checking their fantasy football rankings?  You can’t forget about that time you almost got hit in the face with a football while walking to class in the quad.     Football is not something that us girls tend to put as a top priority in our lives.  Yes, we do enjoy attending the games to yell at the opposing team, socialize with the cute boys sitting around us, and to be a part of something with the rest of our school.  But what some of us overlook is the amazing work that is being done on the field and all of the blood, sweat, and tears that are put into it.  ...

The Designated Driver Dilemma

By Katy Winge
October 6, 2014 - 2:30pm

As most of you probably heard, there have been some issues on our campus regarding students being designated drivers…   Reread that last sentence. I cannot believe I even had to write that, and that this is a problem our community is choosing to address.    READ MORE

Sigma Chi Derby Days

By Alyssa Ortiz
October 2, 2014 - 1:25pm

The Sigma Chi fraternity took philanthropy to a whole new level last week with their event, Derby Days! Derby Days is an annual philanthropy held by all Sigma Chi chapters across the nation. This weeklong, philanthropic event involved sororities on campus competing in a variety of activities and sporting events; all events helped raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Institution. READ MORE

ISU Alum Christian Stoinev and Americas Got Talent

By Hannah Dytrych
September 23, 2014 - 4:52pm

Photos By: Danielle Farrow   He is an ISU alum and America’s Got Talent top 12 finalist, yes you’ve guessed it, Christian Stoinev! Even with his busy schedule, he was eagerly willing to make time for Her Campus ISU. I had the opprotunity to sit down with him and I quickly came to learn what a humble, hard-working person he truely is.    HerCampus ISU: To start, tell me about your time here at ISU?    READ MORE

Goodbye Prime Time Pizza

By Alyssa Ortiz
September 18, 2014 - 3:28pm

Illinois State’s favorite pizza place is closing it's doors for good. Prime Time Pizza announced that their last day of business is this Friday, September 19th.  Although it is closing for good, the memories will always remain. Whether it was a late night snack after hours of studying or your go to drunk dial at 2am, Prime Time Pizza was there for many people in times of need. But before we say farewell, some ISU students wanted to reflect on their most fond memories with the best pizza place in town.    “I used my one phone call from jail to call Prime Time. Unfortunately, they were closed.” -Eddie Sak, Junior   READ MORE

Blue Jeans Go Green™

By Cassie Zimmer
September 9, 2014 - 11:04pm

With the new season comes a new project for the Apparel Merchandising and Design Association! Along with three other universities, the ladies and gentlemen of the Illinois State AMDA is teaming up with Cotton Inc. to promote the Blue Jeans Go Green™ initiative. Now through October 31, AMDA will be hosting events and setting up tables around campus that will be collecting used denim that will be recycled into UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation. The Denim Insulation gets used to help build houses across the nation. READ MORE

Dear Ms. Collegiate

By Katy Winge
September 4, 2014 - 12:59pm

Have you ever wished you had someone to ask for advice? Well, HerCampus is looking to help!    READ MORE