Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State News

GIRL Day

By April Zmudka
March 26, 2014 - 2:59pm

GIRL Day at ISU The Girl Scouts of Central Illinois (GSCI) and Illinois State are teaming up to put together the 2nd annual GIRL Day here on the campus of ISU. GIRL Day, or Growing Into Responsible Leaders, is a program sponsored by GSCI and is aimed to provide middle school and high school females who come from economically challenged households or who are shy with the opportunity the ability to participate in various workshops that educate and empower young women. READ MORE

March Madness- Why You Should Care

By Katy Winge
March 20, 2014 - 10:42am

For some people, today marks Thursday, March 20. But for a lot of Americans, today marks one of the greatest days of the year. Today marks the start of the Madness…March Madness, that is. At the very least you’ve heard your guy friends or boyfriends talking about “who they have to win what game.” For a good chunk of girls, this basketball jabber goes in one ear and out the other. But this time around, you may want to reconsider why you should care about the NCAA tournament. READ MORE

ISU Alums Set To Pitch To Shark Tank

By Jack Sutherland
March 18, 2014 - 4:49pm

READ MORE

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2014

By Raquel Ugalde
February 27, 2014 - 12:35pm

Our generation has grown up feeling obligated to live up to society and the media’s expectations of the definition of beautiful. Although each of us possesses our own unique beauty, these expectations take a toll on us. According to the National Eating Disorders Association, 30 million Americans suffer from an eating disorder at some point in their life. READ MORE

Play 4Kay

By Katy Winge
February 19, 2014 - 1:22pm

Sunday, Feb. 16 was a day filled with basketball games being played around the country. Like always, teams won and teams lost, but on Sunday at Illinois State University, the women’s basketball team won much more than just a game. Kay Yow is considered a legend in women’s basketball, not only for her successes but also for her servant leadership. It’s been said by many coaches around the country that she instantly made you feel comfortable, she made you feel like you mattered and like you belonged. READ MORE

Sugar Mama Bakery

By Ashley Bushala
February 7, 2014 - 1:11pm

Gourmet cupcakes seem to be all the craze these days.  It’s hard to believe the buzz began with the forever fashionable show Sex In The City back in 2000.  Women everywhere were watching the beloved show for fashion trends and dating advice. In one episode, Miranda and Carrie were filmed in Magnolia Bakery treating themselves to gourmet cupcakes.  Just like the fans of Sex In The City, the cupcake bug has bitten our very own Uptown Normal. READ MORE

ISU Internship Fair

By Ali Hutzler
February 6, 2014 - 1:02am

Yesterday was the ISU Internship fair where students were able to meet professionals from all types of businesses throughout many career fields. They assisted students by giving them information about their companies and instructing them on how students can benefit both the company and themselves. Having an internship in college is something that most students and prospective employers considers crucial. While it is not required, most employers look for internship experience in prospective employees. Internships give you real-life work experience that simply attending college cannot, and it leaves students with a plethora of knowledge, including how to deal with experiences common to those in the workforce....

MTV's Girl and Guy Code Come to ISU

By Katie O'Rourke
January 28, 2014 - 2:58pm

On Thursday, January 30th head out to Braden Auditorium to see Chris Distefano and Carly Aquilino from MTV’s hit television show Guy Code and Girl Code. This is a free comedy event hosted by Illinois State University’s University Programming Board. The event starts at 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. READ MORE

Junie B. Jones Author, Barbara Park dies at age 66

By Alexandria Jenkins
November 19, 2013 - 4:26pm

“I'm not actually sure I'm grown-up enough for grown-up books.” –Barbara Park. The inspiring author of the Junie B. Jones children’s series passed away Monday at age 66. As I walked myself to the library Monday night, I was swiping through the pages of People Magazine on my smart phone and I came across a picture of the one and only, Junie B. Jones. My childhood instantly flooded back to me. Like the time my mom read three of the goofy chapter books to me all before bed time because neither her nor I could stop reading. They were just too funny. Now, if you don’t remember these books or didn’t read them, your childhood was certainly lacking. READ MORE

Twitter Has Become More Visual and Interactive

By Maggie Ziemann
November 8, 2013 - 11:00am

READ MORE