Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Features

ISU Alum Christian Stoinev and Americas Got Talent

By Hannah Dytrych
September 23, 2014 - 4:52pm

Photos By: Danielle Farrow   He is an ISU alum and America’s Got Talent top 12 finalist, yes you’ve guessed it, Christian Stoinev! Even with his busy schedule, he was eagerly willing to make time for Her Campus ISU. I had the opprotunity to sit down with him and I quickly came to learn what a humble, hard-working person he truely is.    HerCampus ISU: To start, tell me about your time here at ISU?    READ MORE

Goodbye Prime Time Pizza

By Alyssa Ortiz
September 18, 2014 - 3:28pm

Illinois State’s favorite pizza place is closing it's doors for good. Prime Time Pizza announced that their last day of business is this Friday, September 19th.  Although it is closing for good, the memories will always remain. Whether it was a late night snack after hours of studying or your go to drunk dial at 2am, Prime Time Pizza was there for many people in times of need. But before we say farewell, some ISU students wanted to reflect on their most fond memories with the best pizza place in town.    “I used my one phone call from jail to call Prime Time. Unfortunately, they were closed.” -Eddie Sak, Junior   READ MORE

Blue Jeans Go Green™

By Cassie Zimmer
September 9, 2014 - 11:04pm

With the new season comes a new project for the Apparel Merchandising and Design Association! Along with three other universities, the ladies and gentlemen of the Illinois State AMDA is teaming up with Cotton Inc. to promote the Blue Jeans Go Green™ initiative. Now through October 31, AMDA will be hosting events and setting up tables around campus that will be collecting used denim that will be recycled into UltraTouch™ Denim Insulation. The Denim Insulation gets used to help build houses across the nation. READ MORE

Dear Ms. Collegiate

By Katy Winge
September 4, 2014 - 12:59pm

Have you ever wished you had someone to ask for advice? Well, HerCampus is looking to help!    READ MORE

Going Greek at Illinois State University

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 25, 2014 - 5:43pm

It’s the beginning of another school year which means Sorority Formal Recruitment is right around the corner. As of right now, there are a great number of women who are ready to become a part of the Greek community at Illinois State University. However, there is no doubt that there are still some women who have yet to decide if Greek life is the life for them. On our team at Her Campus ISU we have many writers who take pride in being a part of the Greek community here. We all have a common appreciation for our sororities and the way they have changed our lives for the better. We wanted to give you a personal look into how our sororities have helped shape us into the people we are today....

Marlene Dietz: ISU's First Lady

By Katy Winge
April 23, 2014 - 2:03pm

On March 22, 2014 Illinois State University officially appointed Vice President of Student Affairs Larry Dietz to be the new President of the University. But he wasn’t the only one who received a new title… His wife Marlene accepted a new role as well, as the First Lady—someone that would become prominent in the eyes of the Bloomington-Normal community. READ MORE

US Airways Controversial Tweet

By Rebecca Davis
April 16, 2014 - 4:00pm

If you have a Twitter account, you probably noticed some controversy on Monday. While companies who have Twitter accounts are usually eager to respond to customers who complain via Twitter, American Airways took an, um, interesting approach to dealing with an unsatisfied customer on April 14th. At first, the tweets from customer to company seemed appropriate: But after twitter user @ElleRafter replied to U.S Airways a second time, things became a little more interesting. US Airways publicly tweeted back an extremely graphic image that was visible for over an hour. READ MORE

Lollapalooza and Summerfest 2014 Lineup

By Alyssa Ortiz
April 11, 2014 - 4:56pm

That special time of the year is coming around again… festival season! Two of the most anticipated music experiences Lollapalooza and Summerfest have released their lineup and the hype about it is through the roof!  The two festivals take place for several days and have a variety of genres such as rap, alternative rock, and electric dance music (EDM).  With Lollapalooza having over 100 performers, a lot of popular artists will be there this year. These artists include: Eminem, Outkast, Zedd, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Skrillex, Calvin Harris, Lorde, Foster The People, Krewella, Childish Gambino and The 1975.   READ MORE

GIRL Day

By April Zmudka
March 26, 2014 - 2:59pm

GIRL Day at ISU The Girl Scouts of Central Illinois (GSCI) and Illinois State are teaming up to put together the 2nd annual GIRL Day here on the campus of ISU. GIRL Day, or Growing Into Responsible Leaders, is a program sponsored by GSCI and is aimed to provide middle school and high school females who come from economically challenged households or who are shy with the opportunity the ability to participate in various workshops that educate and empower young women. READ MORE

March Madness- Why You Should Care

By Katy Winge
March 20, 2014 - 10:42am

For some people, today marks Thursday, March 20. But for a lot of Americans, today marks one of the greatest days of the year. Today marks the start of the Madness…March Madness, that is. At the very least you’ve heard your guy friends or boyfriends talking about “who they have to win what game.” For a good chunk of girls, this basketball jabber goes in one ear and out the other. But this time around, you may want to reconsider why you should care about the NCAA tournament. READ MORE