This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Finals are coming up and I know were all likely on the highest levels of the procrastination scale. Whether youre catching up on articles on Her Campus, watching funny animal videos on YouTube or constantly checking your Instagram feed, studying is the last thing you want to do. As if you havent already procrastinated enough, heres a list of things you must watch on Netflix, whether it be this week or this summer. (Only two more weeks!)  

Arrested Development

Guaranteed this will be one of the funniest shows you will ever watch. Episodes are only about 22 minutes each which is perfect for if youre taking a study break! Arrested Development is a big Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Will Arnett and all the other fantastic actors in this show combination all rolled into one genius comedy. Try watching an episode or two and I pinky swear youll be hooked.

Sherlock

If youre one of those people that likes good looking men in nice clothes, British people, mystery, comedy, and a good story line then Sherlock is the show for you. Ive seen all the episodes of this show at least four times and it just never gets old. With Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson, they make the perfect team. As a fan of the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. I can honestly say I ended up liking the show Sherlock even more than the movies.

Bully

This documentary is one of those documentaries that changes your life after you see it. It follows the story of five different kids who were bullied and what happened to them. Just a warning, you might shed a tear or two but once you watch it youll be recommending it to friends and family left and right.

American Horror Story

If you havent already joined the craze that is American Horror Story, you better get on it. The show might be a little scary and/or gruesome at first but you’re likely to get hooked after the first episode. Two out of the three seasons are currently available on Netflix. The first season is the absolute best overall and the acting in the second season is phenomenal. Each season has a different storyline so youre never bored of a lacking plot. Rumor has it the upcoming fourth season is carnival themed so you know theyre going to make it terrifying! Sit back, try to relax and enjoy the horror… preferably with a buddy!

Miranda Jones

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State