This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Lush Cosmetics = my new obsession!

After you read this, it’ll probably be your new obsession, too!

When I first heard about Lush, I thought it was just bath products. I wasn’t really that into it because I don’t have a bathtub in my apartment, and bath bombs don’t work in the shower. Once I realized it was way more than just bath bombs, I gave it a shot, and I’m SO glad I did!

Here are my “Top 4” favorite products I currently use:

1.  Mask of Magnaminty Face Mask

This mask is AMAZING! My friend, Allison, recommended it to me, and I was so excited to try it! While the mask is on, it’ll tingle and tighten, reassuring you that it’s doing its job. I have pretty dry skin, and this mask left my face so smooth and bright like I’ve never seen before!

My tip: Use it as a spot treatment for your pesky red spots if you don’t have time for a full mask. 

2. Sugar Plum Fairy Lip Scrub

Dry skin comes with dry lips, especially during the winter. I’m also extremely sensitive when it comes to products, so thankfully, all of their products are made with natural ingredients. Plus, no testing on animals! Yay! This lip scrub will leave your lips so soft and when you’re done, you can just lick off the excess… did I mention it tastes like candy?!

3. Snow Fairy Body Conditioner

Since I don’t get to enjoy their bath bombs, I found their body conditioners to use in the shower! As soon as I opened this container, I fell in love with the color, then I smelled it and just had to get it! The sales associate I was shopping with said this would be a great product for winter skin, and she was right. My skin felt so hydrated after getting out of the shower, and that rarely happens to me. I always trust the Lush associates. They are SO nice and definitely know what they are talking about. Not sure what to get when you go there? Ask! They are always more than happy to help.

4. No Drought Dry Shampoo

Last but not least is Lush’s dry shampoo and currently my favorite product! Unfortunately, a lot of brands of dry shampoo don’t work well for me. I have thin, fine hair, so most of them weigh my hair down and leave it feeling even more dirty and gritty. When I discovered this product, I instantly fell in love. It is so light and doesn’t weigh down my hair. Even with my dark hair, I don’t feel that it turns my hair grey like some products can do. If you are struggling to find “your” dry shampoo, this is it! I promise!

We hope you LOVE these products!

Sidney Holman

Illinois State

I'm Sidney Holman! I'm from Moline, IL and an apparel merchandising major at ISU.
Contributor account for Illinois State