This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Movies to Look Forward to in 2017

The best way to escape the reality of what’s going on, is to go to the movies and get lost in the magic of a different reality. This year we can expect some amazing movies coming back as sequels and some new ones that are sure to blow you away. Every year, we are always so excited to watch trailers and finally see what movies we have been anticipating. This year, we are in for some seriously amazing movies, let’s see what we’ll be obsessing over!

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi”

I would put a crazy fan theory here, but to be honest who knows what’s going to happen in this movie. All this Star Wars fan can say is, I’m pumped.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”

Chris Pratt is coming again to a screen near you! Need I say more? *insert heart eyes emoji here*

“Beauty and the Beast”

A live action Disney movie that we have been waiting for! I cannot think of another actress that could portray Belle, like Emma Watson. This movie will be a joy for Disney fans everywhere.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”

These movies have been around for a long time, and every movie is action packed with the coolest story lines. Awaiting the days till we get to see Johnny Depp in all his Jack Sparrow glory.

“Wonder Women”

Finally, we get to see a woman, as a superhero, starring in her own movie. Little girls everywhere will learn that they can be anything they want to be, including a strong, powerful women.

“Power Rangers”

You are lying if you don’t have a childhood memory of you running around your house, wanting to be a certain colored power ranger. These movies were around before some of us were even born; it’ll be interesting to see how it’ll be made now.

“Cars 3”

This movie was first made in 2006 and it changed the way “Cars” fans viewed the inanimate objects. Don’t be ashamed to go to the movies among the little kids because we all know you’ll love the movie way more than them.

We are all waiting to see which movies amaze us this year and personally I’m very excited. Which one are you looking forward to seeing the most?

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State