Micalena Mikhail ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Name: Micalena Mikhail

Age: 20

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Hometown: South Elgin, IL

Relationship Status: Taken :(

Favorite Food: Sloppy Joes

Favorite Movie: Wizard of Oz

Call or Text: Call

Early Bird or Night Owl: Night Owl

Her Campus ISU: Let’s start with a few basic questions so we can get to know you better, what are you involved with on campus?

Micalena Mikhail: I’m a DJ on WZND and I was on the intermural soccer team until I hurt my knee.

HC ISU: What’s your favorite thing about ISU?

MM: My favorite thing about ISU is how easy it is to talk and meet new people.

HC ISU: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

MM: Hopefully I’ll have a family in California and I’ll be reporting at a news station.

HC ISU: What is your dream job?

MM: My dream job is to be on the Today Show talking with Kathy Lee and Hoda Kotb.

HC ISU: Role model?

MM: My mom. She is the strongest woman I know. If I could be half person she is, I would be satisfied. 

HC ISU: What is one thing on your bucket list?

MM: Skydive. And also travel to Ireland.

HC ISU: Biggest pet peeve? 

MM: People chomping their gum in my ear. It makes me so mad.

HC ISU: What is something people don’t know about you?

MM: Usually people don’t know that I’m half Egyptian and I’ve visited Egypt over 20 times.

HC ISU: What’s your favorite music?

MM: Anything by Michael Jackson.

HC ISU: Something you can’t live without?

MM: Chocolate mainly. It helps me get through my hardest days.

HC ISU: Perfect Friday night?

MM: This is kind of lame but it would be a movie night with my boyfriend and eating ice cream.

HC ISU: What’s your go-to going out outfit?

MM: Crop top and my leather shorts. Oh and my wedges, those are my babies. 

HC ISU: Okay now to the guy questions, get ready. Nicest thing you’ve done for a guy?

MM: When my boyfriend injured himself from track, I sent him a care package of fun things like games and his favorite candy.

HC ISU: First thing you notice about a guy?

MM: Their smile and how well they can hold a conversation.

HC ISU: Dream date?

MM: I would love to have a dinner underneath the stars and just talk, stargaze and tell funny stories.

HC ISU: Most embarrassing date story?

MM: On my first date with my ex-boyfriend we went snowboarding and it was super icy. I never snowboarded before and I was going down the hill super fast and ended up crashing into him because I didn’t know how to stop; we both wiped out. It was so embarrassing. 

HC ISU: If a guy came up to you and started a conversation, what is one thing that would immediately make you want to walk away?

MM: Bad breath and also if they were cocky or too into themselves. Or if they are too forward and just assume they can get my number.

HC ISU: Lastly, who are your guy and girl celebrity crushes?

MM: Channing Tatum, he seems like a great guy and he’s super hot. And Mila Kunis because I think she’s so naturally pretty and I just want to be her.