Meghan Markle, engaged to Prince Harry – IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Like every girl out there, since you were little, your parents always said you would someday marry your own Prince Charming and live happily-ever-after. If you’re like me, you thought it was actually going to happen, that you would someday actually become a princess! After realizing that, in reality, it doesn’t happen to everyone – especially living in the United States, sadly – dreams were crushed.

But sometimes, people just get lucky and run into a chance at becoming royalty – which is exactly what happened to one lucky, beautiful woman: actress Meghan Markle, who’s now engaged to Prince Harry!

As every typical girl would do in this situation – we begin stalking! Your “inside FBI agent” comes out, and you start gathering as much information as you can. What made her so special so as to become engaged to Prince Harry – why not me?!? Or that’s what I went straight to, at least. I mean, let’s face it – she’s from the United States, so you could have had a shot!

But ladies, you don’t have to stalk any further. You can put your FBI skills away because here is a list of “juicy” information all about Meghan Markle!

1. Meghan was born August 4th, 1981.

2. She is famous for her role in the drama series Suits. She played Rachel Zane.

3. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, in the Hollywood area.

4. She graduated from Northwestern University in 2003.

5. She has degrees in Theater and International Studies.

6. She comes from a divorced family.

7. Her parents are very successful – her dad is an Emmy award-winning lighting director, and her mom is a psychotherapist.

8. Her first appearance on screen was in the background of the soap opera, General Hospital.

9. She married actor Trevor Engelson on September 10th, 2011, but they divorced in August 2013.

10. Prince Harry met Meghan on a blind date through mutual friends, and they have been dating since June 2016.

11. The couple announced their engagement on November 27th, 2017.

12. Meghan previously identified herself as Protestant but will be baptized and confirmed into the Church of England before the wedding.

13. She is very passionate about humanitarian work – she’s now the ambassador for World Vision Canada, an agency that provides safe, clean drinking water for those living in poverty.

My question is, what mutual friend would suggest the prince to a friend? Why wouldn’t they keep him for themselves?!? (That’s what I would have done!) But how can you not be happy for someone who is so beautiful, talented and – clearly – the right one for Prince Harry? In the end, you just have to be happy for the ones who have found true love – even though we all had a 99.9% chance of being in Meghan Markle’s shoes, since we live in the United States!

You can find Meghan at the nearest mall dealing with her major shopaholic problem either coming out of a nearby Forever 21 or Pink. Meghan is from the the Northwest Chicago suburbs and is a senior with a Psychology major. She transferred to Illinois State University last year from Roosevelt University in Chicago and has loved every minute here at ISU! Meghan has always had a strong passion for writing and was super excieted when she got accepted in to the Her Campus Womens Magazine at ISU. She can't wait to see what's instore for her for the rest of the year while being a writer, and currently the Events Director, for the HC team!
Contributor account for Illinois State