Luke Bryan Concert Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

HerCampus ISU writer Falynn Lannert was lucky enough to snag a few of the sold out tickets to the Luke Bryan concert this past Sunday and Monday. Read her review of the concert and see what an amazing time she had. 

Pictured: Florida Georgia Line starting the show off strong on Sunday night.

The first country concert of the semester was definitely a hit! Florida Georgia Line, Thompson Square, and Luke Bryan played two sold out concerts this past Sunday and Monday evenings at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington. Sunday night’s general admission tickets sold out in 20 seconds and Monday’s sold out in 7 minutes so I would say that Luke definitely has some Bloomington, IL fans! I had the pleasure of going on Monday evening with my boyfriend and we had a great time. Even with the bitter cold, crazy winds and pouring down rain, people still rushed into the arena waiting in line to see Luke Bryan shake it, which he did so well!

Florida Georgia Line started off the show. They were full of energy and got the crowd going with two of their biggest songs, “Tell Me How You Like It” and “Cruise.” Next up was Thompson Square, the husband-wife duo were very intense and you could really see the love between the two during their song “If I Didn’t Have You.” They also had a heartfelt message of sponsoring a child through childfund.org right before they played their song, “Glass.” The music video playing in the background was them visiting Honduras and showing actual footage of them with the child they sponsor, Emerson. Both opening acts really got the crowd going and set the bar high for Luke Bryans main performance.

Pictured: Thompson Square singing on Sunday evening in front of the first sold out crowd.

When Bryan finally hit the stage his entrance was fueled by bright colorful lights, Flo Rida’s “Good Feeling” playing in the background, and him appearing from a rising platform coming out of the stage. His first song Monday night was “Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye” and the whole crowd joined in right away, singing along with him. Throughout his over two-hour performance he was drinking moonshine with the band, interacting with the crowd by taking pictures with audience members phones or cameras, and (my favorite part) showing off his infamous hip thrusting moves. He ended his set with “I Don’t Want This Night to End” followed by “Country Girl (shake it For Me).”

I have to say this was one of the BEST concerts I have ever been to, even with it being on a Monday night. For those of you who couldn’t get tickets, the tour has many more stops, including one in Peoria, IL this summer and two in PCB for the spring breakers! Make sure you check them out because this concert is guaranteed to be unforgettable. 

Pictured: Luke Bryan doing some major hip thrusting during the end of his show on Monday evening.

Photo Credit: U.S. Cellular Coliseum

Falynn Lannert

Illinois State

Megan Lawler

Illinois State