Lindsay’s Fashion Blog: Swimwear Galore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Well, it’s that time of the year again! While it is not too hot outside right now keep in mind that in less than two months you will be out of the classroom and soaking up the sun on a beach. But do you have a swimsuit that will make you feel confident and compliment your body? Even if you do have a swimsuit that you absolutely adore consider these swimsuits as they are not your ordinary beach going garb.
Of course budget is everything so pick something that won’t break the bank. Even with a budget your possibilities are truly endless! For $50 and under you will be sure to find something that fits your style and want to flaunt it on the beach.

The One Piece
We think of a one piece and we instantly make a face because it’s not cute or a typical swimsuit. But if you open your mind to a new type of bathing suit you’ll see that there are some that may fit your own style. The one piece covers up yet leaves much to the imagination. My favorite tends to be 50’s style because it is classy and timeless. This one piece from Asos has an awesome graphic print and a cool shade of blue which is nice for the beach.

Two Piece
I absolutely adore this two piece bikini top from Dorothy Perkins because it’s so sweet! The navy blue with cherries and flowers are absolutely retro. The tie in the front gives it a flirty touch which can of course add to your personality.

Bandeau
This type of swimsuit is a trend as well that everywhere as of late. It is very versatile but it is simply not for everyone. This top caters more towards women with smaller busts….it pains me to say that. But for those women who can wear it try Victoria’s Secret who has endless options on the textures and colors of this style.

While these are only a few options as to the styles of swimsuits there are many others. These in particular are ones that really capture the coming trends of this summer and are too cute not to pass up!

Sources: Dorothy Perkins, Asos

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.