burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Lauren’s Fashion Blog: The 2013 Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

For this week’s Fashion Blog, writer Lauren Cole girls her opinions on the best and worst looks of the 2013 Grammy Red Carpet. Who will get a standing ovation and who gets Kanye shrugged?

WORST

WORST: Kat Von D. I think everyone was a little confused by the table cloth she was wearing… Sorry Kat, leave that for your dining room table around Christmas time not the Grammy’s.

WORST: Florence Welch. It pains me to say this because I love Florence and the Machine but what was she thinking! Green dress, heels, AND clutch!? I guess going “green” is not always the answer.

WORST: Ronnie Dunn.The chest hairs and gold chains makes him look like he belongs in mob wives but then again his facial hair resembles that of a sex offenders list so I’m going to go with a FAIL.

WORST: Adele. There is no doubt that Adele is one of the most talented women in the music industry; however, wearing a dress that resembles a tapestry is a no-go. Not to mention the floral pumps… she should’ve gone with a solid color; there is way too much going on here.

WORST: Kimbra.This “unique” dress was designed by an Australian designer, Jaime Lee Major, who should change her major to anything but design. Sorry not sorry.

BEST

BEST: Rihanna. Rihanna wearing Alaia completely stunned the crowd. Not only was her dress undoubtedly sexy, but her weave deserved a Grammy in itself… just saying’!

BEST: Katy Perry. “Woah” is the word commonly used to describe Katy and this dress is no exception. Going mint green in Gucci was a perfect play on this season’s trending color.  Speaking of trending… those boobs were a hot topic all over the social media world.

BEST: Justin Timberlake. The perfect example of a male knowing exactly how to class it up. Tom Ford’s funky version of your typical suit was perfect for an event such as the Grammy’s. (It doesn’t hurt that he is extremely easy on the eyes and has a voice of an angel).

BEST: Carrie Underwood. Rocking the red carpet in this stunning Roberto Cavalli dress just proves that Carrie doesn’t need a giant princess light up ball gown to “blow away” – no pun in intended – the crowd.

BEST: Natasha Bedingfield. The singer looks lovely in this red Emerson gown, completed with a metallic belt and clutch and white underlay.  This is such a beautiful and classic look for her. You go girl!