samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To: Prepare For an Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Freaking out about what you’re going to do after graduation? There are still dozens of job opportunities available after this years Fall Career Fair, its important to know exactly how to prepare and show off what sets you apart from the rest. 

1. Update your Resume- Don’t wait last minute to put your resume together. Take time to write about all the volunteer hours you have been a part of, the projects you have worked on, and internships you have had. Employers look at everything on your resume and want to know what you have been doing these past four years.
  2. Prepare a pitch line- Have something confident to say about yourself. Be bold.  Let them know you are interested and are willing to go the extra mile.
  3. Look presentable- Actually look more than presentable, look like the a million bucks you know you’re worth. Dress to impress by wearing something business casual. Never wear something that will draw the interviewer away from what you are saying.
  4. Research- See what the company and position is about. It always looks impressive when you can state facts about the company and what draws you into their corporation.
  5. Practice- Go over situations you have been in.  Be ready to talk about obstacles you have overcome, experiences you have had working in groups, and the skill set you have acquired and how it will help you in your career. 
  6. Remind yourself how amazing you are- You have gotten this far and you can go even further. Have a little faith. Be confident. You can do it!
Colleen Besler

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State