This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Turn your old ISU t-shirt into a stylish cropped tee in minutes!

Supplies:
• a loose t-shirt
• a pair of scissors

Step 1:
Cut the thick neckline right along the hem

Step 2:
Cut the bottom end of the t-shirt in a rounded manner. (Look at the picture for help) Cut the front end of the shirt a little higher to give it the “cropped look.”.

Step 3:
Cut the sleeves off right along the hemline.

Step 4:
Take the front end of the t-shirt and cut it in a scoop neck. You can make this as low-cut as you like.

& that’s it!
Cutting shirts is an easy way to up your wardrobe. Now you can have a brand new shirt to rock to class!

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.