This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

In the summer you wear sandals, high wasted shorts, and a cute top. In the winter you wear snow boots, hats, scarves, and a parka. But, what are you supposed to wear when it rains? Check out some of these tips on how you can beat the rain!

Rain boots: First and foremost, you need to invest in a pair of rain boots. These are the only shoes that are literally made to make it through the storm. You’ll no longer have to worry about stepping in puddles; you’ll actually want to run through them!

Bubble Umbrella: Everyone has had an umbrella that flips inside out while walking to class – it’s embarrassing and annoying. That won’t happen with a bubble umbrella. This accessory provides extra coverage from the rain and is made with clear material so you can easily see through it!  

Hats: Let’s be honest, if it’s raining you’re looking at a bad hair day anyway; throw on a baseball cap or a beanie to keep it cute while also keeping your hair dry! 

Add color: Bad weather can be depressing; so, why not brighten it up with wearing some fun colors?

Pants: There really is no such thing as “ideal pants” to wear when it rains. Try to wear leggings on the gloomy days; they’ll typically dry by the time class is over and your alternative option, jeans, are the most uncomfortable pants to wear when wet. Too bad rain pants don’t exit.. yet! 

Rain Jacket: Last but not least – you obviously need a rain jacket! My personal preference: a rain jacket pullover as shown below. You can even get them ISU embroidered! If you are not a fan of the pull over, you can always go with the class trench coat.

With these tips you will have no problem getting ready for the next rainy day that comes your way! 

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State