This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

This picture was taken on the quad where I usually brainstorm ideas (Ok let’s be real, I’m actually always out there scouting out the next campus cutie)! Ok, I know it’s only the beginning of October but Halloween is right around the corner. If I were you I’d start thinking of a creative costume. You could be the typical maid, fire fighter, raunchy teacher, but if you really want to stand out think of something creative. Impress a campus cutie why don’t ya! You also better participate in dorm trick-or-treating. Who doesn’t love candy (besides candy corn)? Since Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, the weekend before, week of, and weekend after October 31st will be full of Halloween festivities. In that case, you might want to start planning your costumes or even plan on passing around costumes so you don’t have to go buy them all! Duck tape comes in handy and the thrift store isn’t far away. Be creative and have fun!

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.