This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We’re a month into school yet getting back into the swing of things feels impossible! Check out some of these tips to help guide you back into school mode. 

Planner: First and foremost, if you don’t have a planner, BUY ONE. Next, plan out the rest of your semester; tests, quizzes, papers, etc. It will help you stay on track with your assignments as well as plan for test days.

Organize: Being organized will help you complete your work in a timely manner with less stress. This goes for your room too. A cluttered room calls for a cluttered mind.

Early Bird Gets the Worm: By the time you wake up at noon, half the day is wasted! Force yourself to get up early, have a good breakfast and start your day. The first couple days are the hardest but before you know it, getting up early will be part of your everyday routine. 

Time Management: To some, time management is an acquired skill. But others have to achieve it. When planning out your days make sure to set aside time for the gym, three meals a day, and maybe even a girls night!

Get A Head Start: Working ahead on assignments will assure that you get the work done on time and possibly even allow more free time in the long run! If you have a couple hours to waste in between classes, go to the library and get to work. 

After three months off, no one is eager to jump back into school mode. But with these tips you should be back into a healthy routine in no time!

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State