This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The stress of college is building up, and paired with anxiety about the future, May couldn’t come fast enough! You’re freaking out because you still don’t know what you want to do in life, and you may have started contemplating becoming a stripper. This can only mean one thing – you’re finally a senior!

All of your time and effort in school will FINALLY pay off as you head into the next stage of life, adulthood – SCARY! Being just about done and with senioritis kicking in, you may look back on freshman year and realize there’s a big difference between who you were then compared to who you are now.

Here’s a list of 10 situations you handled differently as a freshman than as a senior.

1. Seeing people you went to high school with on campus:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

2. Waking up late for class:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

3. Going out to the bars:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

4. Studying for exams:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

5. Group projects:

Freshman year:

Senior Year:

6. When the party you’re at gets busted:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

7. Dating/relationships/crushes:

Freshman year:

When you become obsessed with them after one night…

Senior year:

8. Your choice in alcohol:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

9. Attending class:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

10. Knowing what you want to do when you’re done with college:

Freshman year:

Senior year:

Freshman year is all about new experiences, new situations, trial and error and finding who you really are. It’s no wonder it takes four years to – hopefully – become an “adult” and find out who you want to be.

Still, we all have those days where we need to let loose like a freshman – I know I do!

You can find Meghan at the nearest mall dealing with her major shopaholic problem either coming out of a nearby Forever 21 or Pink. Meghan is from the the Northwest Chicago suburbs and is a senior with a Psychology major. She transferred to Illinois State University last year from Roosevelt University in Chicago and has loved every minute here at ISU! Meghan has always had a strong passion for writing and was super excieted when she got accepted in to the Her Campus Womens Magazine at ISU. She can't wait to see what's instore for her for the rest of the year while being a writer, and currently the Events Director, for the HC team!
Contributor account for Illinois State