Fanny Packs: It’s Happening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

You heard it right ladies: fanny packs are back and they truly are better than ever. The iconic fashion piece from the ’80s has been revamped and is in high demand. It may just be the epitome of street style. 

We started seeing certain celebrities rock this bag trend over the last few months, but once New York Fashion Week kicked off Fashion Month, it blew up. 

Fanny packs were featured all over the runway this year. Designers such as Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs, and Vivienne Tam accessorized runway looks with this convenient, yet ultimately stylish item.

Tory Burch Spring/Summer 2017

Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2017

Vivienne Tam Spring/Summer 2017

London Fashion Week came shortly after and these packs made an even bigger debut than they did in NYC. This time, the packs were being sported by many fashionable attendees, and they let us know that Gucci was the way to go. Seriously, everyone was rocking Gucci (in my dreams).

Fanny packs have got to be the most convenient, safe, and unique way to carry around your things. Talk about easy access to your phone and wallet, right? Who doesn’t want that? I know you all do. Throw one around your waist to go run some errands, or throw it over your shoulder for a night out. But remember, if Kendall Jenner can sport the fanny pack, so can you girl. Check out these pictures to get inspired on how to style your fanny pack! 

Allison O'Brien

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State