etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Guilty Pleasures Irresistible to Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Brisk weather comes with more than just leaves changing colors. For us ladies, fall brings back traditional, stylish, and yummy pleasures we can’t help but love. If you’re a girl, you have most likely given into at least one of these typical yet tempting limited time enjoyments.

Pumpkin Spiced Lattes: When the cooler weather arrives, pumpkin spice lattes become classic guilty pleasures. These drinks full of sweet and spicy bliss only come out during the fall, which makes us crave them even more! Not only are they delicious, these lattes make us feel ready to take on our day. I’m not quite sure how it happens, but having a PSL in hand makes us feel like we can take on any task and get things done. Basically, PSL’s keep us motivated.

Candles: There is nothing more comforting than coming home and lighting a warm, fragrant candle to unwind from a long day in the chilly weather. Candles have also been proven to be mood-lifting. Just imagine yourself bundled up in a blanket with the aroma of a burning apple-cinnamon candle surrounding you. Sounds cozy, doesn’t it? Having a few autumn scented candles is a great way for women to feel festive and give our homes a little essence of fall!

Leaf pictures: We all know and love the infamous “throwing leaves in the air” photos we see on Instagram nationwide. These pics prove to the world that we are happy, we love this weather, and it’s an excuse to take candid pictures. No one wants to admit it, but we may have cases where we have our photographers (aka friends/siblings) take as many pictures until we get the perfect one. It can’t be Instagram material unless every leaf is in perfect position, your smile is on point, and the lighting from the sun is good enough to filter. It’s an art at this point.

Boots: Do you prefer tall boots, or short boots? How about a snug pair of Ugg boots? Or maybe an edgy pair of combat boots are more your style. The leaves aren’t the only ones changing their look in the fall. Every woman no matter what age patiently awaits for the time of year when we can wear our favorite type of footwear again. By the time late August rolls around, we probably already have purchased a new pair of boots online that’s being delivered to us in time for September. The first day the temperature drops below 70 degrees, ladies everywhere are almost guaranteed to be sporting their favorite boots.

Pumpkin flavored everything: Lattes aren’t the only pleasant delights with the pumpkin spice flavor. The taste of pumpkin is more than just an indulgence, it has become an industry of its own. Pringles have even jumped on the bandwagon and have produced pumpkin pie spice flavored chips. Craving something sweet? No worries, there are now pumpkin flavored Oreo’s. These are just a few of the many limited edition tastes of pumpkin you can purchase during the fall! Although you may get sick of it all shortly after October, pumpkin spice foods can only grace us with their presence during a few months of the year. So, go get that PSL you’ve been craving and enjoy every second of it!

Whitney Scasny

Illinois State

Public Relations major at Illinois State University
Celina Porretta

Illinois State