This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s that time of year again – the season where your dust off your UGGs, bring out the oversized sweaters, and prepare to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. IT’S FALL! This blog is to give you my opinion of some of this seasons “must haves”.

UGGs: For some odd reason, every girl has got to have a pair of UGGs. Yes they are hideous, but I will admit that they keep your toes warm during our frigid Chicago winters.

Parkas: If you do not have a long winter jacket, invest in one! Walking to class won’t be as brutal if you have full coverage. Just consider this another excuse to go shopping! 

Handbags/Totes: Don’t forget to pick out your giant, ridiculously priced, Michael Kors bag. Again, my suggestion leans towards the darker shades (brown, black, etc.).

Leggings: Stock up on leggings! With all of the stylish options offered, these are probably the only pants you’ll be putting on for the next few months.

Scarves: Stock up on as many infinity scarves as you can find. These stylish accessories are comfy, cozy, and add to any wardrobe choice.   

Make-up: Put away the hot pink and bright red lipstick and bring out those fall colors. Shades of nude go great with any style, but if you really want to stand out I suggest trying a maroon or deep purple.

PSL: If you don’t already know, that stands for Pumpkin Spice Latte. Get one every chance you can because I promise you will miss them once spring rolls around. Don’t forget the classic Instagram or Snapchat picture of it first!

Pumpkin Patch: Speaking of pumpkins, you have to make it to the nearest pumpkin patch this fall. Get a group of your girlfriends to enjoy hayrides, getting lost in the corn mazes, and eating endless amounts of taffy-apples. 

Haunted House: This is a fun and exhilarating fall activity (not to mention, a perfect date for you and “bae”). A personal recommendation – Statesville’s Haunted Prison!

Following these “fall musts” will guarantee the best fall yet! Go get started!

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State