This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As darty weather approaches and lack of motivation takes over, it is obvious that this semester is quickly coming to an end. So many thoughts, so little time.

1.     What are my grades? ReggieNet was in full effect when I was a freshman. You took your test Monday, and your grades were up on Wednesday. Now some of my teachers don’t even use it, or technology at all for that matter. It would be cool to know what my grades are before sending me in blind to my finals.

2.     Lodge pool season is upon us people. I have class from 10 am to 5 pm but it also finally hit 65 degrees…personal pool day. I wonder if people that actually live at The Lodge feel similar to U of I students on a Monday Night Joe’s.

3.     What the hell am I doing with my life? I am entering my senior year of college and I still could not even tell you what my major actually means. Soak it up freshmen and sophomores because before you know it you’ll be entering your last year of college. Some of your friends will already have a full-time career upon graduation, and some will still be blacking out Wednesday through Saturday because of their denial about the future that they do not have.

4.     A week and a half of school left and only three more boxes of Mac and Cheese. What to do? Do I go grocery shopping or do I get by on Ramen that expired in May of 2014?

5.     I really wish I went to that class more than twice this semester. I just found out I will be a fifth year senior, but on the bright side I finished my imports card at Brewe-ha’s!

6.     Four term papers AND four finals? So you’re telling me that all the work I have put in this semester can be destroyed in the matter of one week or in other words one assignment that is worth 500% of my grade. 

7.     Cumulative finals? What is this a gen-ed? You are setting me up for failure here and I am paying you…what’s wrong with that picture?

8.     No school, no problem. But then again I don’t want to go home either where the most exciting thing to happen is a garage party on a Friday night. Sometimes if we’re lucky there is one on Saturday night too!

9.     Home is where the edible food is. The greatest part about being able to go home for the summer is knowing that I will no longer have to go days living off of pizza goldfish and soup crackers.

10. But on the other hand I’m paying for my apartment anyways… I think every college student should experience one summer at school. It could be very dangerous but it could also be dangerously fun. Yeah, I said that. And yeah I regret it.

No matter what year you are or what your plans are for the summer, finish out strong this semester in school and with your friends. We only have four years to do this so don’t take a second of it for granted. With that being said, I will see you at the Pub and best of luck on finals…you probably need it. 

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State