burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Dos and Don’ts of Recruitment Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The time you girls have eagerly been waiting for is finally here, RECRUITMENT WEEK! I remember being so excited when I went through rush, but also had no idea what to expect. I had so many questions, with the main one being, what to wear? So I am going to help you guys out and give you the low down on what to wear and also what NOT to wear from my personal experience. Hope it helps!

1. DON’T wear super tight/short clothing

Stay away from super tight skirts, leggings, crop tops, and short shorts. These items might be cute for a party but not recruitment. Recruitment is very formal so it is important to dress accordingly. Also, when you go visit houses you might be sitting on the ground with limited space, so these clothing choices would not help.

2. DO/DON’T wear heels

Like I said before, recruitment is formal, so heels would definitely look good with your chosen outfit BUT there is a lot of walking, especially during house tours. So if you love rocking heels and know you can endure walking in them for a while, wear them! But if you’re like me and can walk in heels for about 20 seconds before needing to take a seat, I would suggest leaving them at home for the day.

3. DO Accessorize

This is kind of common sense, but I think it’s super important! When I went through recruitment, I wore a statement necklace from a boutique in my hometown. A lot of girls said they loved it and asked where I got it, which was a great conversation starter. It also just makes you look more classy and put together, so why not?

4. DO dress up and be yourself!

This time is the perfect opportunity to wear your favorite dress you got this summer! And definitely put your own twist to it. If you have an edgy look, wear a pair of converse with your skater skirt, or if you’re more girly, wear a bow! The sorority girls will notice and get a feel of who you are. Just dress up and have fun with it.

5. DO dress comfortably!

It is going to be a very long (fun) few days with a lot of sitting and talking. So be confortable! You don’t want to be distracted by scratchy sequins or tight jeans. Just make sure you can move around in your outfit and can sit comfortably in it.