This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We all know that one person who does it all, and does it all ridiculously well. Ladies and gentleman, it is my pleasure to share with you a person who does in fact do it all here at ISU. Dominic Moore is a calculus tutor, avid marathon runner, Alternative Spring Break trip leader, presidential scholar, study abroad student, intense volunteer, budding business man, etc. (need I go on?). Meet Mr. Moore, a man of many passions and a dangerously contagious smile.

Name: Dominic Moore

Age: 20

Year in School: Sophomore

Hometown: Riverton, IL

Major: Actuarial Science & Economics

Relationship status: Very single.

Fun fact: I went skydiving over the Gulf of Mexico (but I landed on the beach, so no worries)! Now, I can’t possibly think about taking a vacation without skydiving wherever it is I go!

Her Campus Illinois State: What’s your favorite part about being a part of the honors ASB leadership team this semester?

Dominic Moore: The opportunity to become more involved in the Honors Program! I wanted to be more active this past semester, but there is a lot of rigidity in my course load so I wasn’t able to move classes around. Now, I am having the opportunity to get to know the leaders and faculty members in the Honors Program a lot more and it has been a wonderful experience. Also, seeing so many new faces that want to make a difference not only in other people’s lives, but their own.

HC ISU: If you had an invisible cloak like Harry Potter, what’s the first thing you’d do?

DM: Considering the fact I am Harry Potter, this is an easy question… alright I’m just playing. But I LOVE Harry Potter (both him and the series). First thing I’d do without thinking about it would be to haunt Donald Trump. I would probably make him so paranoid he would drop out of the presidential race and then I’d really be doing everyone a favor. So you’re welcome in advance.

HC ISU: In your mind, what’s the perfect date?

DM: Hmm, I don’t know about the perfect date, but in Finland there’s something I want to do for my honeymoon! First of all, you’re in Finland! But it gets better! They have these lavish cabins you can stay in and it just seems so cozy! During the day, they have reindeer safaris, snow mobile safaris, skiing and snowboarding, etc. It just seems so amazing, I’m dying to go.

HC ISU: What’s something you can’t live without?

DM: Gatorade. Please God, never let them stop making Gatorade.

HC ISU: Tell us about your business endeavors! Will we see you on Shark Tank?

DM: I’ll try and give you an abridged version! In high school, I thought of a way to make money. Namely, buying and selling broken and used smartphones. For a while it was just a hobby, something I did every once in awhile if I needed to make some money for whatever it was I needed money for. Recently, I decided to turn that idea into something a bit more permanent and actually make a business out of it! I am currently designing a website and applying for business licenses, so it’s been a process. Hopefully before the start of next semester, everything will be ironed out and we’ll be operational. If I’m ever on Shark Tank, I want to be one of the sharks.

HC ISU: You’re planning to take another journey to Africa soon. What are you most excited for?

DM: Yes, I’ll be traveling back to Kenya this May and traveling to South Africa the following January! I am most excited to see Lavigne, a little girl that stole my heart while I was in Kenya! She was so amazing, and I was helping her learn how to walk when I left. She was just about the most precious thing I’ve ever seen, and I can’t wait to see her again!

HC ISU: If you could have a meal with any person (dead or alive) who would it be and why? What would you eat?

DM: I think I’d choose my grandpa. He passed away two years ago (almost to the day) and he was just such an inspirational person. I find myself wishing more and more that he was around so I could seek his advice on so many things. I’d be lucky to be half the person he was.

HC ISU: Lastly, the most important question of all, are you a cat or dog person?

DM: Hahaha, good question. Cat, all the way baby.

Katie Sall

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State