Colourpop’s New Spring Collection is EVERYTHING in Three Phases

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Colourpop Spring Collection is EVERYTHING in Three Perfect Phases

If you’re as much of a makeup geek/junkie as me, you’ve probably already seen the new Spring 2017 lines that Colourpop has released (and maybe even bought a satin lippie or two…or seven). This year, Colourpop gave us the gift that keeps on giving…and giving. They released three amazing monochromatic lines. THREE. I know, I freaked out too. What makes these lines even better is that they have eyeshadows, lippies, AND pressed powder face duos—a new concept for Colourpop. The lines, or “phases” as they have been coined, are titled “Pink”, “Nectar”, and “Sand”. Let’s walk through each phase in wonder, shall we?

Nectar: Phase 1

This phase invokes everything tropical and beachy about the warmer seasons. With the warm coral shadows and peachy pressed powder duo, this phase is the embodiment of a sultry sunset. Here are some swatches of the palette and my personal favorite lippie of this phase, Likely.    

Shadows:

Lippies Fav: Likely

Pink: Phase 2

If you ever wondered what cotton candy and bubblegum would look like on your face (weird, yes, but you know six-year-old you thought about it), this phase will show you. Full of flirty pink (duh) shadows and adorably candy-colored lippies, phase 2 will have you coming up roses! My favorite lippie from this phase is “Love Muffin”… the shade is as cutesy as the name.

Shadows: 

Lippie Fav: Love Muffin

Sand: Phase 3

Not going to lie, this line is probably my favorite. As the title hints, this line is all about demurring neutrals. Don’t mistake these for boring, though. The shade “Zinger” is hyper-pigmented and just as blinding on the eye as it is in the palette. However, the lip shades are the real show-stoppers of this phase. I can’t decide which lippie I like more, “Strut” or “Embellish” so I’m putting them both here. Some choices are too hard, okay.

Shadows:

Lippie Favs: Embellish (first), Strut (second)

So go out there, makeup addicts! Enjoy this magical transitional season with some epic transitional shades (see what I did there?). With palettes at $15 and lippies around $5-6, this spring collection is affordable and as refreshing as a spring rain (I did it again). And, if you want to see full swatches from the shadows (palettes and super-shock singles), lippies, and highlighter/contour duos, go check out mesijesibeauty on Youtube. She swatches AND demos each phase #makeupgurugoals

Website link: https://colourpop.com/collections/spring-17.

mesijesimakeup: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAU_EjJwgb9qxGgDMidRMZg.

Photo credit to Colourpop Cosmetics website 

senior English Studies major and French minor with a passion for writing, reading and watching horror movies.
Contributor account for Illinois State