This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Are you fashion obsessed? Are you always putting together different outfits or looking at different fashionistas on campus? Well, Amy Levin felt the same way; In 2009, she launched the website CollegeFashionista.com out of her dorm room with other writers from four different campuses.  Today, the website has become into a fully functioning business with over 1,000 Style Gurus at over 400 campuses. Recently, they launched the website and are heavily focused on the editorial aspects of fashion. 

As stated by Amy Levin, the concept of the website is simple: “Give young adults a medium through which they can experience the latest college trends and where their cunning eye for fashion, photography and self-expression can be showcased.” The website allows students and people everywhere to view the photographs and articles and gain valuable insight and fashion tips.

The authors/photographers at College Fashionista are known as Style Gurus and at Illinois State University; we are privileged to have three:

Liz Zamudio (Head Style Guru) is a senior majoring in Apparel Merchandise and Design. Liz is starting her second semester with College Fashionista as a Style Guru. Kelly Alexander is a senior double majoring in Apparel Merchandise and Design along with Business Administration and Business Environment and Sustainability. This will be Kelly’s third semester as a Style Guru. Grace Masching is a senior majoring in Marketing. Grace is starting her first semester with College Fashionista as a Style Guru. Lastly, Jay Ibarra is a junior and majoring in Apparel Merchandise and Design. She is also starting her first semester as a Style Guru. 

As Style Gurus, we are on the hunt for the most fashionable students at Illinois State. The process of writing an article is actually very simple. We find these “fashionistas” by walking around campus or in our classes, we tell them about our internship and ask them if they would like to be featured. We then take several photos including a full body and detail shot. We then go home and put pen to paper! Being a Style Guru is a great way to express your love for writing and fashion, all at the same time!

If you are fashion obsessed and becoming a part of College Fashionista’s team as a Style Guru is in your interest, head on over to CollegeFashionista.com and apply!

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State