Cheap Halloween Costumes for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Halloween is a great time and a lot of fun for college students. With parties happening everywhere, you’re able to show off your creativity, but Halloween can also cost a lot of money if you want to have the best costume. Here are six Halloween costumes that are creative but won’t cost you your whole paycheck.

1. Rosie the Riveter

With a jean shirt and bandana, anyone can dress up as Rosie the Riveter. This is a powerful costume that even Beyoncé has dressed up as. If Beyoncé can be fabulous in this costume, then so can any college student.

2. Regina George

Who doesn’t want to be Regina George? For this costume, all you need is a white tank top, one that is okay to cut up, and a colorful bra. With a pair of scissors, you too can rock the iconic Regina George look.

3. Blair and Serena

With the ten-year anniversary of “Gossip Girl” happening this year, being Blair and Serena for Halloween just makes sense. All you need to become these two girls is a white button down, a black skirt, and some great shoes. It would help if you already have brown and blonde hair, but you can always use a wig if you don’t.

4. Damien

Another great costume from “Mean Girls,” and you probably already have the items for this costume in your closet. You can become Damien by putting on a hoodie and sunglasses. The only thing you will have to do for this costume is make a sign that says, “She doesn’t even go here!” and then you will be the star of any Halloween party.

5. Sim

Just make a PlumBob, the thing that hangs over a Sims head, and attach it to a headband. This will instantly make you into a Sim of yourself. Bonus points if you only talk in the Sim language the whole night.

6. Cath from Fangirl

This is for the nerds out there! Cath from Fangirl is one of the top nerds out there in the literary world. All you need for this costume is a fandom shirt, a cardigan, jeans, a scarf, and simple shoes. All you would have to do appearance-wise is wear glasses and put your hair in a messy bun. This is a simple literary costume if you feel like going that way.

These are just a few fun ideas for Halloween, but there are a lot of simple and creative costumes out there.Comment below and tell us what you will be going as for Halloween!

Contributor account for Illinois State