Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Celebrities

Homecoming Royalty: Jason Swift & Ashley Torri

By Alyssa Ortiz
October 23, 2014 - 11:46am

This year, Illinois State continued its homecoming tradition by crowning a new homecoming king and queen. Jason Swift and Ashley Torri were announced as the 2014 Homecoming royalty and Her Campus got the opportunity to hear about their awesome experience! READ MORE

Professor Andrew Matthews

By Grace Masching
October 14, 2014 - 3:13pm

It is not often that you come across someone in life and think, “Wow, they’ve truly done it all.” I had the privilege to sit down and talk to one of ISU’s most beloved professors, Andrew Matthews. Although this 36 year-old man was born and raised in Normal, do not let that fool you. He is a well-traveled, sport fanatic, father who has a true obsession with Illinois State University.    Name: Andrew Matthews Teaches: POL 106/140 READ MORE

Rachel Tejada

By Katy Winge
October 7, 2014 - 2:22pm

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Rachel Tejada! This senior on the Illinois State Women’s Soccer team broke the goal record last Friday, September 19. Nine minutes into the second half against Western Michigan at Adelaide Street Field, she made history. It was the sixth goal of the season for Tejada, and she now has 61 goals and counting for her career. HerCampus wanted to know how it felt, what motivates her, and what she does in her free time!  READ MORE

Jeff Zabrin

By Danielle Farrow
September 22, 2014 - 2:24pm

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Jeff Zabrin. Jeff is well known here at ISU; some of you may recognize him as a finalist from 2012 Fit Man on Campus. Check out what he’s up to now!   READ MORE

Alex Shelton

By Alyssa Ortiz
September 11, 2014 - 3:39pm

Meet this weeks campus celebrity, Alex Shelton! Six years ago, doctors told Alex he only had a 10% chance of living and now he is back at ISU getting his Speech Pathology degree. Alex is a true inspiration to the lives of many and HerCampus got the inside scoop of his amazing story!    HerCampus Illinois State: Can you briefly tell us what happened 6 years ago? READ MORE

Katie Cunningham

By Katy Winge
September 2, 2014 - 7:26pm

Age: 21 Major: Psychology  Year in School: Senior   READ MORE

Ashley Brehmer

By Cassie Zimmer
April 19, 2014 - 9:34pm

Photo by: Lindsay Nardini Age: 20 Major: Geography Year in school: Junior Meet this weeks campus celeb, Ashley Brehmer! An aspiring model and pageant participant, she has a positive outlook and will let nothing stand in the way of her accomplishing her dreams. She is a total dog lover with a aptitude for cooking, with her Mom’s Italian cuisine being her primary influence. Being Geography major, she is enthusiastic about traveling the world and seeing everything she has studied with regards to navigation and different cultures. With the world at the palm of her hands she is working to make her dreams a reality, starting with studying abroad in FLORENCE, ITALY in the fall. You go girl! READ MORE

Pi Kappa Phi

By Alyssa Ortiz, Lindsay Nardini
April 7, 2014 - 12:18pm

Photos by: Lindsay Nardini   On January 12th, 2014, a new fraternity by the name of Pi Kappa Phi was founded at ISU! This group of 50 men are now being recognized for their hardwork and dedication to becoming a new chapter. HerCampus got the opportunity to meet with the executive board to find out what these men in white and gold are all about!   First Founded Nationally: December 10, 1904 at College of Charleston, Charleston, S.C. READ MORE

Pat Board

By Alyssa Ortiz
March 29, 2014 - 12:41pm

Last year, the twitter page ISU Make outs became a huge hit. Over hundreds of people followed the account, whether to check for entertainment or check to make sure they weren't on it! With 8,463 followers and over 1,000 tweets, it's time to meet the master mind behind this social media epidemic; the one and only Pat Board!   HC: When was ISU make outs first created? PB: It was created last year, my freshman year.   HC: Why did you decide to make the account? READ MORE

Marisa Corradetti

By Alexandria Jenkins
March 21, 2014 - 4:12pm

Meet Marisa! Our Campus Celeb this week is a do-it-all kinda girl. She is well rounded and is known for her outstanding aray of activities. She's a professional multi-tasker who is always up for a challege. This go-getter has the resume of a champion. Marisa is a Junior at ISU and is a fun, caring girl who likes to spend time with her sisters when she isn't swamped with extracurriculars. Find out how she does it!! Major: Public Relations Minor: Sociology Year in School: Junior READ MORE