This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

One of the more popular weeks at Illinois State University is upon us: Business Week 2015. This year, Business Week is Feb. 23- 26. Business Week is sponsored by the College of Business and brings corporate and industry leaders to campus to speak on important issues, trends, and cutting-edge developments. The week’s events help students from all academic disciplines better understand the skills needed for success in a dynamic global business environment and emphasize educational preparation, leadership, service, etiquette, networking, goal setting and career advancement. Business Week is managed by a student-led committee with guidance from staff.

We all know what Business Week is supposed to do for our professional needs, but I had the chance to sit down and talk to some of the students that lead the week and get a deeper look into what Business Week has to offer.

Frank Busch serves as Business Week President and is a senior Finance & Insurance major. Lindsay Hirschauer is a senior Finance & Insurance major and is this year’s Vice President of Business Week. Paiton Florey is a junior Finance & Insurance major and serves as Vice President of Logistics.

Her Campus ISU: Can you give the students who haven’t experienced Business Week some information on what they should expect?

Business Week Representatives: They should expect an interactive week of networking and professional development. During this week, we welcome back many alumni and other professionals to participate as speakers. Business Week features events such as the Professional Development Dinner (focusing on dining etiquette on Feb. 23) and a Keynote Speaker Presentation featuring Jack Hartung, the Chief Financial Officer of Chipotle.

HC ISU: When does all the planning for Business Week begin?

BWR: We begin choosing the Business Week team in the months that follow Business Week. The executive team stays in contact over the summer and we begin meeting as a team in August when school convenes.

HC ISU: How many students and staff members plan the week?

BWR: The team consists of 21 student members, many of which are assigned to coordinate specific events. Steve Vandiver, the Director of Marketing for the College of Business, is our faculty advisor and Business Week would not be possible without him.

HC ISU: Any special speakers to expect?

BWR:  We are very excited to welcome Illinois State University alumni, Jack Hartung, as our Keynote Speaker on Feb. 26 at the Center for Performing Arts. We are also looking forward to Elisabeth Cardiello, a successful entrepreneur who will be speaking at our Professional Development Dinner.

HC ISU: What should someone wear to these events?

BWR: At all events, we advise that students dress business casual, however we request business professional attire at the Professional Development Dinner.

HC ISU: What are your personal favorite events?

BWR:  We are very excited about all the events we have planned this year! These events are applicable to students of every major and we look forward to having a great Business Week.

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State