Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Blog

6 Ways to Thank Your Friends for Being Great

By Raquel Ugalde
April 17, 2014 - 9:38pm

For all the times they’ve held your hair back after too many drinks, all the times they’ve picked you up the next morning from shacking, all the times they’ve wiped your tears away after a break-up, all the times they’ve made you cry from laughing so hard... it’s time we appreciate our best friends. Your group of girlfriends are there to tell you the truth when you need to hear it most. Finding quality friends is not always the easiest feat, so to all the great friends out there, thank you for keeping our sanity intact.     READ MORE

Fun Easter Ideas

By Miranda Jones
April 17, 2014 - 3:33pm

Are you going home for Easter and tired of just dying eggs like you did when you were younger? Change it up this year by using these fun, new ideas that can make Easter Sunday feel exciting again. If you’re looking for a fun gift to give to family, your significant other, a friend or even just something to eat for yourself, some yummy chocolate covered strawberries are the way to go. Instead of using the traditional brown chocolate use orange food coloring to dye white chocolate before dipping in the strawberries so they look like carrots! READ MORE

5 Classes ISU Should Offer for College Students

By Rebecca Davis
April 11, 2014 - 12:17pm

I think we can all agree that the required courses we have to take as college students can be extremely boring, uninteresting and seemingly irrelevant to your life. We have to take classes that sometimes have nothing to do with our major or our interests. Will I ever have to know statistics or biology five years down the road? Maybe if they taught us classes that matched up with our lives, we would pay more attention in class and actually get something out of an 8 a.m. gen-ed we were forced to take. Here are some better alternatives I thought up.   1. Hangover Education 101 Let’s be honest, sometimes college is going to involve drinking and sometimes people aren’t prepared for what they’re going to wake up to the next morning. Shouldn’t we have all had a...

Baseball for Girls

By Danielle Farrow
April 4, 2014 - 1:53pm

Baseball for Girls   Every girl at some point in their life wants nothing more than to fit in with the boys; whether it is your boyfriend or your group of close guy friends. With baseball season starting up here are the basics of what you need to know about the game of baseball!   Let’s start off with the field. Baseball is played on a diamond. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases and home plate make up the corners of the diamond and the lines are what indicate what is a “safe” play area, when the ball is in play and what is “foul”. The area in the diamond is called the infield and the area beyond the diamond is the outfield.   READ MORE

8 Things You Wish You Would Have Known Your First Semester at ISU

By Grace Masching
April 2, 2014 - 6:08pm

At the start of everyone’s time at ISU, we all thought we knew it all. We didn’t want to take anyone’s advice or listen to what they had to say. However, after a semester (or a few) under your belt, you may now be regretting some of the choices you made early on at ISU. Here are something’s you probably wish you would have known your first semester at ISU: 1.     Flex does run out. Einstein’s here, Subway there.. it added up and before you knew it, it’s only October and your flex is gone. Better luck next semester!   2.     …And so will your summer job money. READ MORE

Lindsey Rietschel: HBO College Program

By Guest Contributor
April 2, 2014 - 2:31pm

By: Lindsey Reitschel, a campus agent with GMR Marketing for the HBO College program.  READ MORE

10 Lessons How I Met Your Mother Has Taught Us

By Katy Winge
April 1, 2014 - 9:48am

The series finale of How I Met Your Mother recently aired and millennials everywhere are grieving in response to the final episode. After 200 and something stories—nine years of suiting up, slap bets, fights, tears, and laughs—the epic tale has come to an end. Most were sad to see the legend-(wait for it)-dary run come to an end. But with the final wrap-up comes reflection, and loyal viewers realize this incredible story taught us a lot more than just how Ted Mosby met the mother. READ MORE

App Review: 99 Dresses

By Ashley Bushala
March 27, 2014 - 10:17am

Living in Bloomington-Normal means the shopping options are very limited. With no Forever 21, Urban Outfitters or Nordstrom it can be difficult to keep your wardrobe unique and trendy. Although online shopping is easier than ever with next day delivery, it can sometimes cost a fortune.  Look no further ladies; a new app may be the answer to our problems. READ MORE

Money Making Apps

By Miranda Jones
March 26, 2014 - 9:07pm

It’s finally here — the day you don’t even have to get out of bed to earn some spending money! It may require you the minimal amount of effort to get out of your comfy blankets for a bit of time, but it’s worth it. Having a job can take up a lot of time and being so busy with school and friends it doesn’t seem like we have much time to spare at all. If you are fortunate enough to get some time to yourself and catch up on Pretty Little Liars or go shopping, then these apps will be perfect for you! 1. Viggle READ MORE

What To Do When You Don't Know What To do

By Grace Masching
March 25, 2014 - 11:27pm

We all have those days — when we feel like the rest of the world is against us and no matter what you do, you’re not making the right decision. It seems like there are so many options and no matter what you decide, you won't pick the right option. As college students we are experts at performing a balancing act. Between RSO's, internships, jobs, friends and of course classes, it feels like there is never enough time for everything. Well, we at Her Campus have a few ideas on what to do when you have NO idea what to do. READ MORE