Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Blog

Best Hair Products Under $15

By Alyssa Ortiz
September 17, 2014 - 6:19pm

After years of pampering and styling your hair day to day, you'd think you would have mastered the perfect products to help maintain your mane. But surprisingly, majority of girls are still trying to figure out exactly what are the best products for their hair- especially on a budget. Well ladies, that problem will now be solved with the ultimate guide of the best hair products on a budget!   Best Wave Spray Beach Hair Wave Spray by Victoria's Secret; $12 READ MORE

Getting Back Into School Mode

By Danielle Farrow
September 16, 2014 - 3:00pm

We’re a month into school yet getting back into the swing of things feels impossible! Check out some of these tips to help guide you back into school mode.    Planner: First and foremost, if you don’t have a planner, BUY ONE. Next, plan out the rest of your semester; tests, quizzes, papers, etc. It will help you stay on track with your assignments as well as plan for test days. READ MORE

4 Places to Visit Being an ISU Student

By Cassie Zimmer
September 15, 2014 - 11:09pm

Whether you are a baby Redbird or soon to be flying the coop, there are hidden gems in Blo-No you absolutely have to experience being an Illinois State student. Some will feed your adventurous soul, while others will satisfy your sweet tooth; however all of them are a marvelous attribute to the town we call our “home away from home.” Fusion Brew READ MORE

How To: Become a Morning Person in College

By Grace Masching
September 12, 2014 - 1:46pm

Are you the type of person that's always running late and rushing out the  door? Did you forget what you needed...again? Do you happen to be wearing the same outfit as the day before? Have you realized that it’s only noon and you’ve already had 12 cups of coffee? Do you find yourself rolling out of the wrong side of the bed everyday? I hate to break it to you, but if you answered yes to any of these questions, you're just not a morning person. But don't be discouraged because I’m here to tell you how to be.  READ MORE

Roll Out of Bed Tips

By Danielle Farrow
September 5, 2014 - 1:11pm

Syllabus week is over and school is officially back in session. With these roll-out-of bed tips, waking up and getting ready will make your life so much easier!   Dry shampoo: No time to shower? No worries. Dry shampoo makes your hair look freshly washed with almost zero effort.   Pick out your outfit the night before: We all did it in high school, so might as well take this tip with us to college. It will saves you lots of time and keeps you from being stressed in the morning. Besides, those five extra minutes in bed make a HUGE difference.  READ MORE

How To: Survive Not Going Greek

By Grace Masching
September 3, 2014 - 5:03pm

It came, it went. Yet after all of the blood, sweat, and tears, you are not in a sorority. I am here to tell you, that your life will be okay. I assure you, your life is not over just because you are not wearing a new sparkly bro tank and you are not going to be someone’s “little”. So, just because you may not have gotten into one of the ten sororities here at ISU, there are over 300 organizations to join and I am here to tell you how!   1. Go to this website and explore: https://illinoisstate.collegiatelink.net/organizations 2. What are your interests? There has to be something on the list you like! READ MORE...

The Dos and Don'ts of Recruitment Outfits

By Hannah Dytrych
August 27, 2014 - 5:26pm

The time you girls have eagerly been waiting for is finally here, RECRUITMENT WEEK! I remember being so excited when I went through rush, but also had no idea what to expect. I had so many questions, with the main one being, what to wear? So I am going to help you guys out and give you the low down on what to wear and also what NOT to wear from my personal experience. Hope it helps!   1. DON’T wear super tight/short clothing READ MORE

Best & Worst Dressed at the Emmys

By Hannah Dytrych
August 26, 2014 - 8:25pm

Last night, television’s biggest stars hit the red carpet for the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards. Here are some outfits from glamour to “what was she thinking?”. Best: Sofía Vergara Sofía always looks absolutely flawless, but she definitely looked especially amazing last night in her Roberto Cavalli dress. Julia Roberts READ MORE

What Not To Do Your Freshman Year at ISU

By Danielle Farrow
August 25, 2014 - 2:42pm

School is back in session, which means a whole new batch of freshmen. Based off personal experience of actual ISU students, here are some tips on what NOT to do.  Don’t sport your lanyard around your neck: You may think it’s cool because you’re officially “so college” but you might as well get “freshman” tattooed on your forehead.   READ MORE

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Unhealthy

By Hannah Dytrych
May 2, 2014 - 4:11pm

You might be surprised that some of the “healthy” food you choose to eat instead of the regular stuff might actually be worse for you. We have an abundance of food options all around us so sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between what’s healthy or not. After doing some research I found 10 foods/drinks that you might want to consider crossing off your “healthy” list. 1. Ready-to-Go Smoothies READ MORE