Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Blog

Fall Into Fall

By Danielle Farrow
October 1, 2014 - 3:07pm

It’s that time of year again – the season where your dust off your UGGs, bring out the oversized sweaters, and prepare to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. IT’S FALL! This blog is to give you my opinion of some of this seasons “must haves”.   UGGs: For some odd reason, every girl has got to have a pair of UGGs. Yes they are hideous, but I will admit that they keep your toes warm during our frigid Chicago winters. READ MORE

How To: Live a Healthy Lifestyle

By Grace Masching
September 30, 2014 - 9:30pm

Now that summer is over, we are all probably feeling like our diets and workout habits don’t matter anymore since we don’t need to be bikini ready until spring break. WRONG. Living a healthy lifestyle all throughout the year is a great idea and you’ll thank me in February when you aren’t doing hours of cardio and starving yourself to get that spring break bod. All you need is some motivation and some simple changes and you’ll keep your summer body all year long.  READ MORE

How To: Beat The Rain

By Danielle Farrow
September 29, 2014 - 3:29pm

In the summer you wear sandals, high wasted shorts, and a cute top. In the winter you wear snow boots, hats, scarves, and a parka. But, what are you supposed to wear when it rains? Check out some of these tips on how you can beat the rain! READ MORE

How To: Choose Your First Apartment

By Raquel Ugalde
September 24, 2014 - 4:16pm

After surviving the first two years of college in those dinky dorm rooms, it is about that time to choose your own apartment. It’s my first time living in my own place and let me tell you, this unreal experience is a lot different than my double at Wilkins or my quad at Phi Sigma Sigma. So far, I’ve friendly taunted people from my balcony, taught myself how to cook something besides cereal, watched the sunrise a couple of times and even took my own trash out (which is gross and horrific).  I absolutely love my apartment and I wouldn’t have my junior year start off any other way.    READ MORE

Jenna Brauer & Katie Zagurski: PINK Representatives

By Guest Contributor
September 23, 2014 - 12:16am

Free PINK gear, a summer trip to the Victoria’s Secret home office, and getting to plan the most exciting events on campus are just a few of the awesome perks of being a PINK Representative! Having the opportunity to work for such a well-known brand has many advantages and has been very rewarding for both of us. READ MORE

How To: Transition Your Closet From Summer to Fall

By Grace Masching
September 22, 2014 - 2:52pm

If you haven’t noticed, the weather is finally starting to cool down. It is time to say goodbye to short shorts and flip-flops and say hello to oversized sweaters and boots. You guessed it fall is finally upon us! So what does this mean for our closets? CHANGE. It is finally time to swap our summer wardrobes and let our fall clothes take over our closets. Right about now, you’re probably entering panic mode; I’m here to tell you exactly how to make your wardrobe go from summer to fall.    READ MORE

The Best Hair Products On A Budget

By Alyssa Ortiz
September 17, 2014 - 6:19pm

After years of pampering and styling your hair day to day, you'd think you would have mastered the perfect products to help maintain your mane. But surprisingly, majority of girls are still trying to figure out exactly what are the best products for their hair- especially on a budget. Well ladies, that problem will now be solved with the ultimate guide of the best hair products on a budget!   Best Wave Spray Beach Hair Wave Spray by Victoria's Secret; $12 READ MORE

Getting Back Into School Mode

By Danielle Farrow
September 16, 2014 - 3:00pm

We’re a month into school yet getting back into the swing of things feels impossible! Check out some of these tips to help guide you back into school mode.    Planner: First and foremost, if you don’t have a planner, BUY ONE. Next, plan out the rest of your semester; tests, quizzes, papers, etc. It will help you stay on track with your assignments as well as plan for test days. READ MORE

4 Places to Visit Being an ISU Student

By Cassie Zimmer
September 15, 2014 - 11:09pm

Whether you are a baby Redbird or soon to be flying the coop, there are hidden gems in Blo-No you absolutely have to experience being an Illinois State student. Some will feed your adventurous soul, while others will satisfy your sweet tooth; however all of them are a marvelous attribute to the town we call our “home away from home.” Fusion Brew READ MORE

How To: Become a Morning Person in College

By Grace Masching
September 12, 2014 - 1:46pm

Are you the type of person that's always running late and rushing out the  door? Did you forget what you needed...again? Do you happen to be wearing the same outfit as the day before? Have you realized that it’s only noon and you’ve already had 12 cups of coffee? Do you find yourself rolling out of the wrong side of the bed everyday? I hate to break it to you, but if you answered yes to any of these questions, you're just not a morning person. But don't be discouraged because I’m here to tell you how to be.  READ MORE