Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Blog

Fall Guilty Pleasures Irresistible to Girls

By Whitney Scasny
October 22, 2014 - 8:57pm

Brisk weather comes with more than just leaves changing colors. For us ladies, fall brings back traditional, stylish, and yummy pleasures we can’t help but love. If you’re a girl, you have most likely given into at least one of these typical yet tempting limited time enjoyments.   READ MORE

Study Abroad 101: 3 Tips for Travelers

By MikylaMoya
October 22, 2014 - 1:56pm

Lucky for you, I made the mistakes so you don't have to... You're welcome! READ MORE

The 5 Relationships You Encounter in College

By Alyssa Ortiz
October 21, 2014 - 1:32pm

Many girls in college constantly face the bittersweet feeling of being on a relationship rollercoaster. One day you’re falling head over heels for a guy and the next you feel like you’re falling flat on your face. The good news is that most of these relationships come to an end and even better, leave with you with a valuable lesson learned. Although we might make the same mistakes once or twice (or multiple times), it’s important to know the 5 relationships you may encounter during college! READ MORE

The Frock Shop

By Danielle Farrow
October 20, 2014 - 8:07pm

Girls, no one ever wants to be an “outfit repeater” but renting a dress from The Frock Shop will allow you to wear a different dress for every special event! It’s as easy as one, two, three!  Step 1: Borrow the dress.  Step 2: Party in the dress.  Step 3: Return it!    READ MORE

How To: Prepare For an Interview

By Colleen Besler
October 20, 2014 - 4:50pm

Freaking out about what you’re going to do after graduation? There are still dozens of job opportunities available after this years Fall Career Fair, its important to know exactly how to prepare and show off what sets you apart from the rest.    READ MORE

Fashion Flops According to Men

By Amber Allison
October 20, 2014 - 2:40pm

With the Fall season coming in full swing, girls around campus are starting to change up their wardrobe. Out with the high-waisted shorts, crops tops, and flip flops, in with the leggings, jackets, and boots. As young ladies, most of us are usually flipping through magazines trying to find the hottest trends for fall. Have you ever stopped to think if that trend is appealing to the male eye? After asking random male students on campus the question of “what trend do you hate the most that girls wear during the fall”, I got some extremely surprising answers. The top five hated trends for Fall, according to guys, are:   READ MORE

HC ISU Loves Our Back To School Survival Kit

By Celina Porretta
October 19, 2014 - 11:25pm

We're still loving our Back To School Survival Kits! Yes, this means more giveaways for YOU our readers, but, these giveaways couldn't have been possible without the amazing sponsors Her Campus has. Below are some of the goodies we got inside and we couldn't be more excited about them!  Pictured above are:  READ MORE

5 Things That You Can Only Get Away With in the Fall

By Grace O'Brien
October 16, 2014 - 3:47pm

For me, there’s no season quite like the fall. I live for that crisp feeling in the air, the smell of fallen leaves, bonfires with good friends, and Halloweentown movie marathons on Disney Channel. Since it is fall, there are so many great things that us collegiettes can do that we can’t typically do during any other time of year (and yes, going for a walk through the woods while instagramming my Pumkin Spice Latte is on my to-do list). Here is a list of five things that you can get away with this fall: READ MORE

Outfits of the Week

By Michelle Mikliszanski
October 14, 2014 - 4:10pm

It’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing color, the airs a bit more crispy and the best fashion statements begin to come out! I hope I’m not alone when I say that I clearly love to bum it to class every day. I mean come on, how easy is it to just roll out of bed, put on a pair of sweats, and brush your teeth and leave? There comes a time though where you just want to have your life together, aka: having a chic week of outfits to wear to impress that cute boy in your lecture class. Below you’ll find outfits that are coordinated to correspond to the days of the week. READ MORE

What NOT To Wear On Halloween

By Whitney Scasny
October 13, 2014 - 7:20pm

Everybody who dresses up on Halloween always wants to have the most creative, unique, or cutest costume at the party. Although you may come up with some clever ideas, not everything you want to portray may turn out the way you imagined. Here are some tips on what you should avoid when deciding on your attire for Halloween! READ MORE