Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Blog

Couple Halloween Costumes For Those Difficult Guys

By Cheyenne Clayton
October 30, 2014 - 12:59pm

Finding a Halloween costume for you and your boyfriend can be a hair-pulling task. You want to look cute in your costume but getting him to agree on any outfit can be extremely hard. Here are some easy Halloween costumes that are sure to please you and your guy.  1. Struck by Lightning READ MORE

7 Halloween Costumes To Avoid

By Gaby Kaplan
October 29, 2014 - 2:11pm

Halloween is just around the corner and college students are in a panic while trying to find this year’s costume(s). As the years continue there seems to be more and more do’s and don’t’s for Halloween attire. To give you a heads up, I put together a list of seven Halloween costumes that should be avoided. You don’t want to be THAT person at a party wearing THAT costume, right?  1. Ebola   READ MORE

10 Things NOT to Say to a Girl

By Grace Masching
October 28, 2014 - 9:03pm

We have all had that moment when we are talking to someone (usually a boyfriend/ex-boyfriend and they say something and you’re thinking “SERIOUSLY, I’M GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE NOW!” Well, if you just happen to be one of those people, here is some advice on what NOT to say to a girl. 1.  “You’re so dramatic, Calm down, Relax, etc”  Never EVER under any circumstance tell a girl that she is being dramatic. She may be overreacting, but I PROMISE if you say that, she will start being even more “dramatic”.  READ MORE

Trick or Treat Yoself

By Hannah Carnes
October 27, 2014 - 10:29pm

This time of year can be tough on every college student. The fall season signals midterms, midterm grades, and the semiannual mid-semester breakdown.  Do you know what you need? Well I do. You need a girl’s night. Absolutely nothing beats hanging with your best friends, crafting, laughing, drinking, and snacking.  Here is the perfect plan for the best fall-themed fiesta ever.   READ MORE

5 Tips for Running Newbies

By Grace O'Brien
October 27, 2014 - 6:41pm

For most people, running comes as a pure form of torture because of its arm pumping, sweat dripping, and one-foot-in-front-of-the-other motion. But for many others, including myself, running is something that helps me get through the day. Whenever I’m stressed I simply grab my headphones, lace up my shoes and head out for a run. My thoughts about the big paper I have to do by the end of the week melt away, as well as every other negative thought in my head. Running has changed my life in such a positive way, and I truly believe it is something that anyone can do. Here are five tips for running newbies!   1. Start Out Easy  READ MORE

Costumes on a Budget

By MikylaMoya
October 27, 2014 - 3:24pm

Tis’ the season for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, jack o ’lanterns, scary movies, and costumes. Indeed, Halloween is on Friday! If you are anything like me, you probably don’t have a costume and the idea of spending $60 at the local Halloween store for an outfit you will only wear once is scarier than Friday the 13th.    READ MORE

Fall Guilty Pleasures Irresistible to Girls

By Whitney Scasny
October 22, 2014 - 8:57pm

Brisk weather comes with more than just leaves changing colors. For us ladies, fall brings back traditional, stylish, and yummy pleasures we can’t help but love. If you’re a girl, you have most likely given into at least one of these typical yet tempting limited time enjoyments.   READ MORE

Study Abroad 101: 3 Tips for Travelers

By MikylaMoya
October 22, 2014 - 1:56pm

Lucky for you, I made the mistakes so you don't have to... You're welcome! READ MORE

The 5 Relationships You Encounter in College

By Alyssa Ortiz
October 21, 2014 - 1:32pm

Many girls in college constantly face the bittersweet feeling of being on a relationship rollercoaster. One day you’re falling head over heels for a guy and the next you feel like you’re falling flat on your face. The good news is that most of these relationships come to an end and even better, leave with you with a valuable lesson learned. Although we might make the same mistakes once or twice (or multiple times), it’s important to know the 5 relationships you may encounter during college! READ MORE

The Frock Shop

By Danielle Farrow
October 20, 2014 - 8:07pm

Girls, no one ever wants to be an “outfit repeater” but renting a dress from The Frock Shop will allow you to wear a different dress for every special event! It’s as easy as one, two, three!  Step 1: Borrow the dress.  Step 2: Party in the dress.  Step 3: Return it!    READ MORE