burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Award Show Fashion: Best Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

American Country Music Awards:

Carrie? Taylor? and Miranda? OH MY!  It was that time of year again last Sunday when Country music’s finest stepped out on the ACMs red carpet in Sin City. Glitz, glamour, and even some cowboy boots (would we expect anything else?) were apparent on the allusive red carpet as the famed celebs posed in their inspired look of the night. Some were wowed and some frowned when their looks received the inevitable rating. Here are the ladies who scored the highest at this years ACMs! 

Cassadee Pope: This up and coming artist wowed not only on The Voice, but also in a classic red chiffon dress that gave her an astonishing regal appearance. We are not worthy, Queen Cassadee!

Carrie Underwood: People were ‘carried away’ when this country star stepped out on the ruby red carpet. Her Great Gatsby-esque Oscar de la Renta gown was just as fringed and fun as her personality. Lovely as always, its seems Carrie can do no wrong in the fashion department.

Kellie Pickler: Okay, just the color alone makes me swoon over this gorgeous gown! This Romona Keveza dress has a youthful silhouette that perpetuates a low-key, yet glamorous style. Definitely one of my favorites of the night!

Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift was definitely channeling her inner Angelina Jolie on the carpet with this number. Taylor’s J. Medel ensemble looked daring and sophisticated as she played up the long slit in her black skirt, paired with this season’s favorite trend, a crop top! Perfection.

Miranda Lambert: And last, but certainly not least, Miranda stunned in a Randi Rahm gown that was adorned with Swarovski crystals. She was definitely a high scorer on this year’s carpet roster with this number, hugging her body in all of the right places. Well done Miranda, well done.

MTV Movie Awards

Probably one of the most ‘out-there’ award shows of the bunch, the MTV movie awards seem to never disappoint. With its hilarious categories (Best Shirtless Award anyone?) and its artfully styled celebs, the MTV movie awards sure know how to bring it. The style atmosphere was light and fun, with an apparent attention to detail. The best dressed ladies played up their own individual styles while still sharing a common fineness. Without further ado, here is the best-dressed lineup!

Zendaya: Flower power gets a new edge in this sleek and sexy number. The print and colors kept the gown youthful, but offered an edgy vibe with its silhouette and high slit. With such a bold print, Zendaya was wise to keep the rest of her accessories low key. Bravo girl!

Rhianna: Oh Rhianna, is there ever a time when you are not uber fierce? Rhianna shows her softer side in this sleek and flowy gown that showed off her impeccable bod in all of the right places. Good thing it wasn’t too windy in L.A (HA!). Rhianna scored highly with the Fashion Police and looked elegant and sophisticated in the best way possible!

Shailene: This Divergent star was a powerhouse in the movie and even more so on her MTV red carpet debut. She took a plunge in the olive skirt and crop top combo, but ended up in every fashionista’s good graces. Any girl that can rock leather, pleats, AND olive all in one outfit deserves some major props.

Jessica Alba: Although under fire for her “Zac Eeefron” miss-pronunciation, all if forgiven in her overly adorable neon ensemble. She flaunts this year’s midi-skirt and crop-top duo perfectly, accessorized with her glowing skin and black clutch.

Cassie Zimmer

Illinois State

Hi! My name is Cassie Zimmer and I am a writer for HerCampus Illinois State. I am so excited to have just joined an awesome group of ladies to share my love of writing with. I am a fashionista who loves keeping up to date with the latest trends in the fashion industry. I hope to write articles that will be enjoyable for the fans of HerCampus to read and will hopefully take something away from the information I provide.
Alexandria Jenkins

Illinois State