Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Archives

US Airways Controversial Tweet

By Rebecca Davis
April 16, 2014 - 4:00pm

If you have a twitter account, you probably noticed some controversy on Monday. While companies who have twitter accounts are usually eager to respond to customers who complain via Twitter. American Airways took an, um, interesting approach to dealing with an unsatisfied customer on April 14th, 2014. At first, the tweets from customer to company seemed appropriate:   READ MORE

Award Show Fashion: Best Dressed

By Cassie Zimmer
April 15, 2014 - 5:36pm

American Country Music Awards: Carrie? Taylor? and Miranda? OH MY!  It was that time of year again last Sunday when Country music’s finest stepped out on the ACMs red carpet in Sin City. Glitz, glamour, and even some cowboy boots (would we expect anything else?) were apparent on the allusive red carpet as the famed celebs posed in their inspired look of the night. Some were wowed and some frowned when their looks received the inevitable rating. Here are the ladies who scored the highest at this years ACMs!  READ MORE

What is your favorite thing about Easter?

By Stephanie Pouse

Desmond Thammarath

By Cassie Zimmer
April 12, 2014 - 3:50pm

Studying Agriculture Business, Desmond is enjoying his first year here at Illinois State. He is a down to earth individual with a lot to offer. His laid-back and generous attitude only reflects a small fragment of his awesome personality. Originally from Georgia, he has a big southern heart and loves to cruise to country music. Sound like a keeper ladies? You betcha!   HC ISU: So Desmond, what are you studying? DT: I am an Agriculture Business major as of now. HC ISU: What are you future plans with your major? READ MORE

Lollapalooza and Summerfest 2014 Lineup

By Alyssa Ortiz
April 11, 2014 - 4:56pm

That special time of the year is coming around again… festival season! Two of the most anticipated music experiences Lollapalooza and Summerfest have released their lineup and the hype about it is through the roof!  The two festivals take place for several days and have a variety of genres such as rap, alternative rock, and electric dance music (EDM).  With Lollapalooza having over 100 performers, a lot of popular artists will be there this year. These artists include: Eminem, Outkast, Zedd, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Skrillex, Calvin Harris, Lorde, Foster The People, Krewella, Childish Gambino and The 1975.   READ MORE

6 Must Haves for Every Girl's Closet

By Maggie Ziemann
April 11, 2014 - 12:29pm

Every girl is guilty of saying at some point “I have nothing to wear,” but you can almost guarantee that if you go into their closet, you will find  rack full of clothes.  Saying one has nothing to wear really refers to being bored of wearing the same pieces over and over again.  Everyone has their own unique style when it comes to fashion and what can be found in a girl’s closet.  The variety can range from someone’s taste in style, body style and age.  But there are always a few must-have pieces every girl should have in their closet. A good pair of jeans READ MORE

5 Classes ISU Should Offer for College Students

By Rebecca Davis
April 11, 2014 - 12:17pm

I think we can all agree that the required courses we have to take as college students can be extremely boring, uninteresting and seemingly irrelevant to your life. We have to take classes that sometimes have nothing to do with our major or our interests. Will I ever have to know statistics or biology five years down the road? Maybe if they taught us classes that matched up with our lives, we would pay more attention in class and actually get something out of an 8 a.m. gen-ed we were forced to take. Here are some better alternatives I thought up.   1. Hangover Education 101 Let’s be honest, sometimes college is going to involve drinking and sometimes people aren’t prepared for what they’re going to wake up to the next morning. Shouldn’t we have all had a...

Learn 2 Listen Week

By Hannah Dytrych
April 7, 2014 - 8:04pm

READ MORE

The Career Center Hosts: Women in the Workforce

By Katie O'Rourke
April 7, 2014 - 4:00pm

Attention all collegiate women, in this day and era we, as women have worked really hard to get where we are today. Although we have come a long way, we still have a ways to go. If you are a driven, hard-working young woman looking to make your mark on the world, in whatever aspect that may be, there is an empowering presentation from women in the professional world that you don’t want to miss.      The Career Center will be a hosting an event called “Secrets of the Professional Woman” from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 8th in the Prairie Room located in the Bone Student Center. READ MORE

Pi Kappa Phi

By Alyssa Ortiz, Lindsay Nardini
April 7, 2014 - 12:18pm

Photos by: Lindsay Nardini   On January 12th, 2014, a new fraternity by the name of Pi Kappa Phi was founded at ISU! This group of 50 men are now being recognized for their hardwork and dedication to becoming a new chapter. HerCampus got the opportunity to meet with the executive board to find out what these men in white and gold are all about!   First Founded Nationally: December 10, 1904 at College of Charleston, Charleston, S.C. READ MORE