Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Archives

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Unhealthy

By Hannah Dytrych
May 2, 2014 - 4:11pm

You might be surprised that some of the “healthy” food you choose to eat instead of the regular stuff might actually be worse for you. We have an abundance of food options all around us so sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between what’s healthy or not. After doing some research I found 10 foods/drinks that you might want to consider crossing off your “healthy” list. 1. Ready-to-Go Smoothies READ MORE

The Netflix Must Watch List

By Miranda Jones
April 30, 2014 - 2:34pm

Finals are coming up and I know we’re all likely on the highest levels of the procrastination scale. Whether you’re catching up on articles on Her Campus, watching funny animal videos on YouTube or constantly checking your Instagram feed, studying is the last thing you want to do. As if you haven’t already procrastinated enough, here’s a list of things you must watch on Netflix, whether it be this week or this summer. (Only two more weeks!)     Arrested Development READ MORE

How To Prepare For Finals

By Danielle Farrow
April 30, 2014 - 12:28pm

The weather is getting warmer and summer is getting closer! But you know what that means… The one thing separating you from that warm, sunny weather and your summer vacation is FINALS WEEK. There is still time to pull it all together and do well next week, even if you’re stressing already. Start getting prepared now by checking out these tips. Like they always say, “better late than never.”   READ MORE

Marlene Dietz: ISU's First Lady

By Katy Winge
April 23, 2014 - 2:03pm

On March 22, 2014 Illinois State University officially appointed Vice President of Student Affairs Larry Dietz to be the new President of the University. But he wasn’t the only one who received a new title… His wife Marlene accepted a new role as well, as the First Lady—someone that would become prominent in the eyes of the Bloomington-Normal community. READ MORE

Healthy Dessert Recipes That Are Surprisingly Tasty!

By Miranda Jones
April 22, 2014 - 7:24pm

Have you ever had the moment where you really want that delicious looking piece of cake but you promised yourself you’re going to start eating healthy? It’s time to stop resisting cravings and treat yourself to some yummy desserts that are surprisingly not bad for you. Healthy cake pops:   What you’ll need: READ MORE

What are some things that you wish you would have done more of in the 2013-2014 school year?

By Stephanie Pouse

Go Green: It's Earth Day!

By Ashley Bushala
April 21, 2014 - 7:05pm

For over 40 years, Earth Day has been celebrated and this year’s celebration is right around the corner!  Tuesday, April 22 marks Earth Day 2014, arguably the most important day of the year.  Mother Earth deserves a pat on the back for dealing with everything we put her through! From wearing green or brown to researching hybrid cars, there are countless ways to get involved with Earth Day.  Here a few ideas to love Mother Earth this year in Blo-No. Recycle and Donate READ MORE

Ashley Brehmer

By Cassie Zimmer
April 19, 2014 - 9:34pm

Photo by: Lindsay Nardini Age: 20 Major: Geography Year in school: Junior Meet this weeks campus celeb, Ashley Brehmer! An aspiring model and pageant participant, she has a positive outlook and will let nothing stand in the way of her accomplishing her dreams. She is a total dog lover with a aptitude for cooking, with her Mom’s Italian cuisine being her primary influence. Being Geography major, she is enthusiastic about traveling the world and seeing everything she has studied with regards to navigation and different cultures. With the world at the palm of her hands she is working to make her dreams a reality, starting with studying abroad in FLORENCE, ITALY in the fall. You go girl! READ MORE

6 Ways to Thank Your Friends for Being Great

By Raquel Ugalde
April 17, 2014 - 9:38pm

For all the times they’ve held your hair back after too many drinks, all the times they’ve picked you up the next morning from shacking, all the times they’ve wiped your tears away after a break-up, all the times they’ve made you cry from laughing so hard... it’s time we appreciate our best friends. Your group of girlfriends are there to tell you the truth when you need to hear it most. Finding quality friends is not always the easiest feat, so to all the great friends out there, thank you for keeping our sanity intact.     READ MORE

Dylan Neukirch '15

By Alyssa Ortiz, Lindsay Nardini
April 17, 2014 - 8:09pm

Photos by: Lindsay Nardini       Meet this week's campus cutie, Dylan Neukirch! From his good looks to his laid back personality, Dylan is the perfect guy to bring home to mom and dad. His driven attitude and need for success are also a plus. Just put on a sundress and a smile and you'll have his attention in a heartbeat!   Name: Dylan Neukirch Age: 20 READ MORE