Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Archives

The Dos and Don'ts of Recruitment Outfits

By Hannah Dytrych
August 27, 2014 - 5:26pm

The time you girls have eagerly been waiting for is finally here, RECRUITMENT WEEK! I remember being so excited when I went through rush, but also had no idea what to expect. I had so many questions, with the main one being, what to wear? So I am going to help you guys out and give you the low down on what to wear and also what NOT to wear from my personal experience. Hope it helps!   1. DON’T wear super tight/short clothing READ MORE

Reggie Lynch '17

By Katy Winge
August 27, 2014 - 2:39pm

Name: Reggie Lynch Age: 19 Year in school: Sophomore Major: Business Management Hometown: Edina, MN   Her Campus ISU: What are you involved in on campus? Reggie Lynch: I’m a starting player for the basketball team at Illinois State.   HC ISU: If you aren’t playing basketball, what are you doing in your free time? READ MORE

Best & Worst Dressed at the Emmys

By Hannah Dytrych
August 26, 2014 - 8:25pm

Last night, television’s biggest stars hit the red carpet for the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards. Here are some outfits from glamour to “what was she thinking?”. Best: Sofía Vergara Sofía always looks absolutely flawless, but she definitely looked especially amazing last night in her Roberto Cavalli dress. Julia Roberts READ MORE

Going Greek at Illinois State University

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 25, 2014 - 5:43pm

It’s the beginning of another school year which means Sorority Formal Recruitment is right around the corner. As of right now, there are a great number of women who are ready to become a part of the Greek community at Illinois State University. However, there is no doubt that there are still some women who have yet to decide if Greek life is the life for them. On our team at Her Campus ISU we have many writers who take pride in being a part of the Greek community here. We all have a common appreciation for our sororities and the way they have changed our lives for the better. We wanted to give you a personal look into how our sororities have helped shape us into the people we are today....

Sorority Formal Recruitment

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 25, 2014 - 2:57pm

It's that time of your again! Join the sorority women of Illinois State University in Formal Recruitment! If you're interested in going through Recruitment, click the link below for more information!    http://isucpc.weebly.com READ MORE

What Not To Do Your Freshman Year at ISU

By Danielle Farrow
August 25, 2014 - 2:42pm

School is back in session, which means a whole new batch of freshmen. Based off personal experience of actual ISU students, here are some tips on what NOT to do.  Don’t sport your lanyard around your neck: You may think it’s cool because you’re officially “so college” but you might as well get “freshman” tattooed on your forehead.   READ MORE

First Weekend: Bingo

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 17, 2014 - 4:24pm

Stop by the Bowling and Billiards Center Activity Room for Bingo, an ice cream bar, and DIY projects!  READ MORE

First Weekend: My Red and Blue

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 17, 2014 - 4:19pm

My Red and Blue opened for Parachute last semester but now they're back to perform on the ISU Quad for First Weekend! There will also be FREE Papa John's pizza and other fun actvities!  READ MORE

Festival ISU

By Her Campus Illinois State
August 17, 2014 - 3:55pm

Hosted by the University Program Board, Registered Student Orgnizations (RSOs), community vendors, and other programs set up tables on the Quad for ISU students to enjoy!    READ MORE

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Unhealthy

By Hannah Dytrych
May 2, 2014 - 4:11pm

You might be surprised that some of the “healthy” food you choose to eat instead of the regular stuff might actually be worse for you. We have an abundance of food options all around us so sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between what’s healthy or not. After doing some research I found 10 foods/drinks that you might want to consider crossing off your “healthy” list. 1. Ready-to-Go Smoothies READ MORE