Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Archives

HC ISU Loves Our Back To School Survival Kit

By Celina Porretta
October 19, 2014 - 11:25pm

We're still loving our Back To School Survival Kits! Yes, this means more giveaways for YOU our readers, but, these giveaways couldn't have been possible without the amazing sponsors Her Campus has. Below are some of the goodies we got inside and we couldn't be more excited about them!  Pictured above are:  READ MORE

College Fashionista

By Grace Masching
October 19, 2014 - 6:07pm

Are you fashion obsessed? Are you always putting together different outfits or looking at different fashionistas on campus? Well, Amy Levin felt the same way; In 2009, she launched the website CollegeFashionista.com out of her dorm room with other writers from four different campuses.  Today, the website has become into a fully functioning business with over 1,000 Style Gurus at over 400 campuses. Recently, they launched the website and are heavily focused on the editorial aspects of fashion.  READ MORE

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

By Rebecca Davis
October 17, 2014 - 1:46pm

Find activities near you: Watch movies and learn about breast cancer! The Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal is hosting a movie night for women from 5:30-8 p.m. on October 23. The hospital will be screening ‘Freaky Friday’, as well as offering breast health information, food, and prizes, all for free! To register, call 800-323-8622 or visit www.advocatehealth.com/bromenn Go For A Run: READ MORE

5 Things That You Can Only Get Away With in the Fall

By Grace O'Brien
October 16, 2014 - 3:47pm

For me, there’s no season quite like the fall. I live for that crisp feeling in the air, the smell of fallen leaves, bonfires with good friends, and Halloweentown movie marathons on Disney Channel. Since it is fall, there are so many great things that us collegiettes can do that we can’t typically do during any other time of year (and yes, going for a walk through the woods while instagramming my Pumkin Spice Latte is on my to-do list). Here is a list of five things that you can get away with this fall: READ MORE

Mason Rosenberg ‘17

By Sidney Holman
October 16, 2014 - 3:05pm

The weather may be getting colder, but that’s nothing new this Campus Cutie who spends most of his time on the ice! Introducing to you, number 21 on Redbird Hockey, Mason Rosenberg!    Name: Mason Rosenberg   Age: 19   Hometown: Deerfield, IL   Major: Communications   Relationship Status: Single   READ MORE

RSO Live!

By Mia Volpe
October 16, 2014 - 12:44pm

One of the best things about Illinois State is that there are numerous opportunities to get involved on campus because of the many Registered Student Organizations that are offered. However, many of these RSO’s go unnoticed throughout the year. To bring awareness to the Performing Arts on campus, Senior Caroline Pilcher, coordinated RSO Live!    RSO Live! is on Friday October 17th at 7 p.m. in the Brown Ballroom at the Student Bone Center. RSO Live! is sponsored by Dance Association and will feature performances from Impact Dance Team, Poise Dance Team, A.B.L.A.Z.E, Noir Dance Troupe, Improv Mafia, Endurance Dance Team and FreeStage.    READ MORE

Back To School Survival Kit

By Celina Porretta
October 15, 2014 - 6:11pm

We're still loving our Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kit! Keep an eye out for more giveaways in the future!  READ MORE

Blackhawks Pride

By Celina Porretta
October 15, 2014 - 6:09pm

Along with everyone else, all of us Her Campus writers at Illinois State are HUGE Blackhawks fans!  READ MORE

Katie Kaywood ‘15

By Katy Winge
October 15, 2014 - 6:05pm

Meet one of the most beautiful people I have ever met…on the inside and out! It is such a privilege and blessing having her as one of my best friends, and pretty much everyone who knows her feels the exact same way. She is willing to drop anything for the important people in her life and this small town girl with a big heart is fun, ambitious, and can brighten anyone’s day. Confident, classy, and caring-watch out world, this girl is coming for you! Fellas, she’s the girl you want to bring home to Mama, and I’m willing to bet she won’t be available for long!  READ MORE

Four Fun Places to Visit in Central Illinois During October

By Colleen Besler
October 15, 2014 - 2:08pm

Rader Family Farm (Normal, IL)- Who doesn’t love a good, old-fashioned pumpkin patch? Rader Family Farm is the go-to place to pick out the biggest, and sometimes scariest, pumpkins.  Once you pick out your perfect orange bundle, visitors are encouraged to venture through the 10-acre corn maze. Then, after all of that running around, you deserve a treat! Lucky you, Rader’s is full of them; make sure to stop in the gift shop for some pumpkin bars, ice cream, and hot cider (yes, all three are encouraged). READ MORE