Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Illinois State Archives

Fall Into Fall

By Danielle Farrow
October 1, 2014 - 3:07pm

It’s that time of year again – the season where your dust off your UGGs, bring out the oversized sweaters, and prepare to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. IT’S FALL! This blog is to give you my opinion of some of this seasons “must haves”.   UGGs: For some odd reason, every girl has got to have a pair of UGGs. Yes they are hideous, but I will admit that they keep your toes warm during our frigid Chicago winters. READ MORE

How To: Live a Healthy Lifestyle

By Grace Masching
September 30, 2014 - 9:30pm

Now that summer is over, we are all probably feeling like our diets and workout habits don’t matter anymore since we don’t need to be bikini ready until spring break. WRONG. Living a healthy lifestyle all throughout the year is a great idea and you’ll thank me in February when you aren’t doing hours of cardio and starving yourself to get that spring break bod. All you need is some motivation and some simple changes and you’ll keep your summer body all year long.  READ MORE

Paul Hauser '16

By Cassie Zimmer
September 30, 2014 - 2:23pm

Being a new transfer student at ISU and one of my close friends from back home, I could not wait to showcase my friend Paul Hauser as this week’s Campus Cutie! A very dedicated and hardworking individual, he makes the gym and being healthy one of his top priorities. He never fails to have a witty comment on hand and will always be there if you need something. He explains his experience here at ISU thus far and what makes ISU’s campus his school of choice. READ MORE

National Coffee Day

By Her Campus Illinois State
September 29, 2014 - 3:42pm

We love our coffee here at Her Campus Illinois State. So of course, we love National Coffee Day! Cheers!  READ MORE

Cutie Selfie

By Her Campus Illinois State
September 29, 2014 - 3:39pm

Writer Grace Masching takes a selfie with one of our Campus Cuties!  READ MORE

How To: Beat The Rain

By Danielle Farrow
September 29, 2014 - 3:29pm

In the summer you wear sandals, high wasted shorts, and a cute top. In the winter you wear snow boots, hats, scarves, and a parka. But, what are you supposed to wear when it rains? Check out some of these tips on how you can beat the rain! READ MORE

Town of Normal Tree Lighting Ceremony

By Her Campus Illinois State
September 26, 2014 - 12:13pm

Come out to see the first annual tree lighting to kick off Homecoming week!  READ MORE

Jack Redden '15

By Grace Masching
September 25, 2014 - 12:49pm

Meet this week's campus cutie, Jack Redden! From his good looks to his global goals, Jack is the perfect guy to meet mom and dad. His aspirations and healthy habits are also a plus. Just don’t cancel last minute on this guy and you might just be able to dance with him to his favorite party song “Blame”.  Name: Jack Redden Age: 22 Year in School: Senior Major: International Business, Sales, and Integrated Marketing and a minor in French Hometown: Champaign, Illinois READ MORE

How To: Choose Your First Apartment

By Raquel Ugalde
September 24, 2014 - 4:16pm

After surviving the first two years of college in those dinky dorm rooms, it is about that time to choose your own apartment. It’s my first time living in my own place and let me tell you, this unreal experience is a lot different than my double at Wilkins or my quad at Phi Sigma Sigma. So far, I’ve friendly taunted people from my balcony, taught myself how to cook something besides cereal, watched the sunrise a couple of times and even took my own trash out (which is gross and horrific).  I absolutely love my apartment and I wouldn’t have my junior year start off any other way.    READ MORE

ISU Alum Christian Stoinev and Americas Got Talent

By Hannah Dytrych
September 23, 2014 - 4:52pm

Photos By: Danielle Farrow   He is an ISU alum and America’s Got Talent top 12 finalist, yes you’ve guessed it, Christian Stoinev! Even with his busy schedule, he was eagerly willing to make time for Her Campus ISU. I had the opprotunity to sit down with him and I quickly came to learn what a humble, hard-working person he truely is.    HerCampus ISU: To start, tell me about your time here at ISU?    READ MORE