Aaron Carter Concert Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Aaron Carter has recently returned to the music business and began touring again after being away for eight years. In his After Party Tour he hopes to show his old fans who he is now, while recapturing their hearts with old favorites like “How I Beat Shaq” and “Aaron’s Party”. The Illinois State students, or women realistically, took full advantage of seeing their childhood when his tour stopped at the Castle Theatre in Normal, Ill. on October 7.  HC ISU writer Hannah Dytrych scored free tickets for her and her friends courtesy of Wasted Potential. Read below as she fulfills every girl’s childhood dream of seeing Carter live in concert. 

Last night, many ’90s girls childhood dreams were satisfied at The Castle Theater in Normal, Ill. Let’s see if this gives it away… the opening song was “I Want Candy” and the singer had spikey, bleach blonde hair we will never forget. Yes, you guessed it, AARON CARTER. It was basically an all 19-20 aged girl event, so you can kind of guess how the audience was acting in anticipation of seeing our childhood crush again. 
The night began with a few opening including upcoming artists Nick Youngerman, Jayceon and Corey Pieper. After an hour or so, the man of the hour finally made his way onstage and played his classic song “I Want Candy.” There were definitely a few tears shed and ears busted from all the screaming. Surprisingly, he sang some more modern songs like “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk and “Treasure” by Bruno Mars. His last song was the song most of us were waiting for… AARON’S PARTY! On the day of the concert, I played the song on repeat so that I could be even more excited when I finally heard it later that night. I probably heard, “OH MY GOODNESS, HE IS SO HOT!” at least 163 times and I am definitely guilty as charged. Overall, this night was definitely one for the books and I know I can speak for myself and everyone else, it will never be forgotten.