This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Women are constantly being scrutinized for what we wear, by guys. No matter what we have on our bodies, something always seems to be wrong or judged; whether we asked for anyone’s opinion or not. With the overwhelming amount of things online in reference to the clothes that girls wear and guys hate, it’s time that we, the females, voice our opinion about the clothing men wear. Two can play this game!

1. Shorts… ALL YEAR ROUND

No matter how cold it gets, you continue to wear shorts. Why? What benefits you from wearing shorts when it is 30 degrees below freezing? I am concerned for your health. Maggie McGuire (Junior) says, “Shorts all year round, no thanks. We all know you’re a bro, now put some real pants on because we all know you’re freezing. 

2. Bucket hats

My last bucket hat was from Old Navy. I received it when I was seven years old to cover up bangs that I thought I could cut myself. What’s your excuse?

3. Shirts from High School

I understand having high school pride, in high school. Now that you’re a junior in college, your Class of 2012 shirt isn’t as appealing.

4. The wrong shoes all of the time

You are not a Kennedy. Loafers are meant to go with dress pants, not your American Eagle cargo shorts, ok? Ally Mohs (sophomore) says, “I HATE loafers with tassels.  Those are so awful. Why do you have to try and mix dressy and casual? They just don’t go together.” On a side note: Your tennis shoes – those new balance trainers may be comfortable, but they do not match with your khakis, suit, jeans, or anything else besides your running clothes. 

5. “Joke” T-shirts

No, I am not going to make you a sandwich. No, reading your shirt will not encourage me to make you a sandwich. 

6. Athletic Socks

You know exactly what I am talking about – those Nike or Adidas socks that go unnecessarily high up your calf. What is it about keeping the lower portion your calves warm that is so important to you? Even worse: When you wear them with slip on sandals. Shakin’ my head boys.

7. Mixing & Matching

Leave the mixing and matching talents for the experts, please. The look of your plaid button down, sweatpants, snapback, and athletics sandals combination is giving me a headache.

8. Choice of accessories

When will boys ever learn to accessorize correctly? A great outfit can be ruined the second you think that a snapback hat would look “fresh” with your professional attire. Don’t do this to yourself and stop doing it to us; girls love a man in a suit (without the snapback)!

Rebecca Davis

Illinois State

New writer for HerCampus at Illinois State University
Celina Porretta

Illinois State