6 Ways to Thank Your Friends for Being Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

For all the times they’ve held your hair back after too many drinks, all the times they’ve picked you up the next morning from shacking, all the times they’ve wiped your tears away after a break-up, all the times they’ve made you cry from laughing so hard… it’s time we appreciate our best friends. Your group of girlfriends are there to tell you the truth when you need to hear it most. Finding quality friends is not always the easiest feat, so to all the great friends out there, thank you for keeping our sanity intact.

1. “But first… let me take a selfie.”

Instagram a picture of you and your gals to show them off to your followers. You can even caption it, “livin’ with my girls #bests”.

2. Offer to buy something small for them.

I’m not saying buy all your girlfriends flowers and a cake but offering to pay for lunch, coffee or even their favorite candy bar will be sure to let them know that you’re appreciative of their awesomeness.

3. Give a little “shout out” on social media.

You could tweet “Shout out to my roomie for always picking me up, you’re the best.” Let your followers know that you are your friends’ #1 fan for all the crazy stuff they do for you.

4. Make them something crafty.

Drive on over to Hobby Lobby or Michael’s, get some paint, brushes and anything that needs to be decorated and go crazy! If you love crafting, paint a canvas or picture frame and pair it with a picture of your group. So fab.

5. Leave them little notes.

Even a simple “Good luck on your test!” or “Have a great day!” would definitely put a smile on their faces.

6. Remind your girls how thankful you are for them.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our own hectic lives that when we talk to our besties about how bad our day is, we forget to realize that they hear us talk 24/7. A simple “thank you for always listening to me” from you could remind your friends that you know they’re listening and that you love them for it.

Raquel Ugalde

Illinois State

Public Relations major at Illinois State University. Chapter Correspondent for Her Campus Illinois State University. 
Alexandria Jenkins

Illinois State