5 Underrated Boutiques That You Must Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As women, I think that we can agree that we’ve all got some kind of shopping addiction. Whether it be home decorations, scrapbooking supplies, or clothes, we’ve all got something that we just can’t resist. Mine just so happens to be, you’ve guessed it, clothes.

Being the fashion major that I am, I am always trying to keep up with the latest fashion trends and styles. I’ve got every retail app that you could ever imagine on my iPhone and I’ve got pretty much every online boutique bookmarked to my homepage on my MacBook. Here are 5 Boutiques that I think deserve a little more love from us ladies.

1. Pretty Little Thing 

This has got to be one of my most BRILLIANT discoveries of 2017 thus far. I was searching for some new going out clothes and stumbled upon this Australian based company. Although their sizing is a little different than ours here in the US (I recommend going a few sizes up), their clothes are always true to the photo once their delivered. Their pricing is college friendly as well! Every single time I hop on their website they’re offering a new promo code such as 50% off the entire store or free shipping when you spend over $40! Check them out here!

2. Grey Suede 

If you’re a dedicated Bachelor fan like myself, you’d know that Raven Gates from Nick’s season runs her own boutique based in Arkansas! Although these pieces can get a little pricey and they can sell out quickly, I absolutely LOVE their fall pieces. Their sweaters are so cozy and you get exactly what you pay for. If you’re not sure what to buy, they even have a “Raven’s favorites” section that you can browse! Check them out here!

3. Bauble Bar 

I am one of those girls that is ALL about minimalist jewelry. Since I am really into fitness clothing, otherwise known as “athleisure”, I am always looking for dainty jewelry to wear with my simple and athletic clothes! With these pieces, you really get your bang for your buck! Every piece that I have ever bought is STILL in perfect condition. They don’t wear and tear easily… not even when you forget to take it off in the shower!! They also offer free shipping and returns! Check them out here!

4. BuffBunny Collection

At this point, you should be noticing the trend that I am a huge gym rat. This collection was launched in 2016 by a fitness model named Heidi Somers. She started out with little expectations of her clothing company being successful, but people like me are setting their alarms just to be able to receive the pieces that we want… no seriously I set my alarm at 10 a.m. while I was at work just for a pair of leggings. Her pants are completely squat free AND include a cell phone pouch on the side for when you’re working out. The material has just enough give for your workouts, but not too much to where you’ll want to run out of the gym immediately. Check her site out here!

5. Royal and Reese 

If you’re from the Bloomington, Normal area, you’ve most definitely heard of Royal and Reese. This is an emerging company ran by three sisters who wanted to make cute clothing for their kids. Their tiny clothes were so popular that they’ve branched out into selling women’s clothing as well! The women are extremely friendly and are very passionate about their work. Their releasing new pieces every week and offer videos about fits if you’re worried about receiving the wrong size! And even though many of us college ladies don’t have children, these clothes will have you with a case of baby fever! Check them out here!

I promise you that none of these “boutiques” will disappoint! They deserve more love and recognition than they get now, and I think that we can do just that! Check them out and don’t hesitate to send me photos of your purchases!! (; 

SaveSave

Hello there! I am currently a sophomore at Illinois State studying fashion merchandising and design!  You'll see me writing about fitness, fashion, sororities, cats, dance, or anything involving sarcasm!! :P 
Contributor account for Illinois State