5 Group Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.
Going out as a group for halloween is hard. There’s the challenge of being different from the other groups out there, the time consuming costume making, and most importantly, the challenge of actually being recognized as the person you are trying to portray. Don’t take the easy way out this year by going as a group of characters that dress like normal, everyday people. Go all out and make sure no one will mistake your costume this year.

1. Hocus Pocus
Everyone will recognize this group of witches. All you need are two more friends, victorian style dresses and capes, and some hairspray, for obvious reasons. Dressing up as these sisters will put you in a true halloween spirit.

2. Eras of Britney Spears
Britney Spears has some of the most recognizable outfits in history, all you need to do is look at her music videos and VMA performances from the past 15 years. Popular costumes may include: Red Jumpsuit Britney, Schoolgirl Britney, VMA’s Snake Britney, Flight Attendant Britney, or even Bald Britney. The best part about having a group of friends going as the Eras Of Britney is that you can have as many people as you want, and you are still recognizable when you aren’t with the whole group.

3. The Spice Girls
Everyone loves The Spice Girls, and I know each one of you reading this knows exactly which Spice Girl you were destined to be. If you want to be a Spice Girl this halloween, you gotta (you gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta) channel your inner Spice and go all out. Look up the popular outfits for your specific Spice and think about how well you can recreate the look. Go to thrift stores, look through your own closet, get creative and for bonus points, figure out the true meaning of ‘zig-a-zig ah’. If you get invited to a party and decide to dress up as the Spice Girls this year, just “Say You’ll Be There”.
If you do not get any of the jokes made above, you should NOT be a Spice Girl this year.

4. The ‘Spice Girls’
For those of you out there who want to be a little more creative when it comes to dressing up as the pop divas, try the other spices. These costumes will need a lot of cardboard and time, but when you all enter the party, you are sure to be unforgettable.

5. Cast of Clueless
People not loving your stylish costumes? As If! This Halloween, dress up as this California group and re­live the 90s one more time. Dig out your parents first cell phone, knee high socks, and a blazer or skirt from a middle school or high school uniform. Don’t forget to include your wicked 90s lingo and a pair of platform wedges to complete the look. Anyone who sees you walking around will feel like ‘a full on monet’ in comparison.

Choose some of these costumes to stand out from the rest, and let us know if we forgot any other iconic group costume ideas!
Rebecca Davis

Illinois State

New writer for HerCampus at Illinois State University
Megan Lawler

Illinois State