5 Best Ways To Rock a Chambray Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It has been a long, cold winter but warmer weather, sunshine, and spring is finally here!  It’s time to pack up your knee length winter coat and store away the sweaters. One item every collegiate will be sporting this spring is a chambray shirt, also recognized as a denim button up. Trust me this is one trend you want to hop on the bandwagon for! What’s the best part about a chambray top? You don’t need to be a devout fashionista to pull it off and it’s a versatile item. In rise of this trend, I bring you the 5 Best Ways to Rock a Chambray shirt:

1. Roll Out of Bed Leggings

It’s Monday morning and the last thing you care about is looking cute for your 8 a.m. You slip into your routine outfit of yoga pants and a hoodie, pour your coffee in a to-go mug and sleep walk to class. That is until you purchased your very own chambray shirt. Now, I can’t promise this article of clothing is going to change your life, but it will certainly change your drab Monday morning outfit. To polish off the look accessorize with riding boots, a patterned scarf and a chic watch.

2.Put Together High Waisted Shorts

When I came across this look I instantly fell in love. Pairing a chambray shirt with high waisted white shorts creates a crisp, yet relaxed summer look.  This trendy top can also be worn as a light jacket, when the sun goes down throw your chambray shirt on over a darling crop top and high-waisted shorts. What a great way to keep you lookin’ hot while the temperature is cooling down!

3.Pop of COLORed Jeans

You can’t go wrong wearing a chambray top with colored jeans. Best of all, because chambray is so versatile it goes with almost any color. If you are really challenging your inner fashionista tuck in your shirt, button it to the top, and pair it with statement jewelry and stylish flats!

4.Girly Girl Lace

Going out to dinner or a night out on the town? Dress up your chambray top with a little lace on the bottom.  Add some dainty jewelry and heels to really embrace your girly girl side. Not much of a girly girl? No worries, you can also wear boho sandals and vintage pieces of jewelry with this lacy look. 

5.Dressed Down Dresses

Feeling a little too fancy in that new summer dress of yours? Pairing it with a chambray shirt is the best way to down play your dress without having to down play your fashion sense.  Top off your outfit with a braided belt and you are good to go! This look is perfect for a day in the city or grabbing a coffee with your girlfriends.

Don’t be afraid to have FUN with this versatile article of clothing and always remember you could never screw up your “jean inspired outfit” as bad as Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake did.