4 Reasons Why Your Mom is Your Biggest Blessing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Everyone by the age of twenty most likely realizes how incredibly lost they would be without their mom. She probably knows more about you than you know about yourself. After all those times you swore she was crazy and way too strict, you now realize that you don’t know what you’d do if you didn’t have mom to call when you got an A on your paper.

1.     She can spot a fake friend way before you can.

Mom can tell if your new friend is actually a nice person, or if she’s going to leave you high and dry when she feels something better comes her way. We might disagree with our mom if she tries pointing it out to us, but she is usually right about this 90% of the time whether we like it or not. We will be mad at ourselves for not listening to mom sooner on this one.

2.     She is genuinely happy for you whenever something good happens to you.

Our moms will be our biggest fans our entire life. If you just landed a new job, your mom wanted it for you just as badly as you did and she probably laid awake at night praying you got it.

3.     She hates the guy that broke your heart more than you do.

Mom has no tolerance for you settling for less than you deserve. Even if you decide to forgive the ex-boyfriend who has repetitively hurt you, your mom never will.

4.     She always forgives you.

No matter what you’ve done or said over the years, she forgave you for it all. She loves you more than anyone and there’s nothing you could do or say that would change that.

As we get older, we start to realize why our mom has been so hard on us all these years-because she loves you no matter what. The saying “First your mom, then your friend” has never felt so true. Keep your mom close to you because she will not be here forever and you are going to wish you had more time with her when that day comes.

Contributor account for Illinois State