25 of the Best Valentine’s Day Cards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just another holiday to celebrate. Not just with your significant other, but with family and friends. I mean come on, who else needs an excuse to buy a bunch of chocolate and flowers for the people you care about? Not I, here I come all. To me, I feel that we had the right idea of celebrating Valentine’s Day when we were little. Come to class carrying in little hand-made Valentine’s Day card boxes, and then one by one going around exchanging Valentine’s (to me, that was the true beginning of “slide into the DM’s” nowadays). During high school, I refused to let this concept go. I even spiced it up a little. During every holiday that took place on a school day, I was known to dress up for it. If I didn’t dress up, people would actually be disappointed. Every year on Valentine’s Day I would dress up (most likely in a nice little themed onesie) and give Valentine’s Day cards out to EVERYONE (YOU GET A CARD! AND YOU GET A CARD! YOU ALL GET CARDS!) To me, the cards are the best part of Valentine’s Day and in case you didn’t know what to give your Valentine, I’ve got you covered with some of the best e-cards out there.

Even if you’re not, it’s the little things.

And I’m sure most ladies would be completely fine with that.

Wow, how romantic. The face says it all, Thanks Batman.

Sometimes, it’s better to just come right out and say how you feel, like Melissa McCarthy does in every single movie she’s in.

OH! Looks like you found your baby daddy after all.

NOW THAT’S A MAJOR KEY.

Clever and witty. AND he knows how to pronounce words correctly (keeper).

Too soon? Yeah, too soon.

Has anyone ever played the “I love you more than..” with their significant other? Because this would hands down win. Nothing shows how much you love someone than Josh’s weird  yet adorable obsession with Oprah in Drake and Josh.

I’m glad you’re so dedicated to watching me snore and talk to myself in my sleep.

Now THAT’S more like it. I’d like you to Barack my world again, please.

Oh, the old internet explorer days… We do not miss you. But we do appreciate this card.

Dedicated to all those Galentine’s out there.

That’s all we ever ask for. :’) (does this mean I also get free food with the card..?)

YAS KANYE. The man, the myth, the legend.

Although, now that you have an Oscar I’m not really sure how to take this one.. But any card with Leonardo DiCaprio on it is a win in my book.

I’m just going to let this one speak for itself.

For all you Harry Potter fanatics out there.

So accurate yet we can’t. Stop. EATING IT. *Long dramatic sighs from every single woman in the world*

From one of the best meme’s in history.. The doge. So thoughtful. Much hearts.

For the friend that you consistently have to flame for doing flat out dumb things.

Raven’s face says it all, ‘ya nasty.

Because who doesn’t love some good ol’ Rufus and Ron from Kim Possible? BOOYAH!

Only Sim Addicts in the 2000’s would appreciate and understand this gem of a card.

You want to be sweet, but you also want to be realistic (I just want you for the chocolates and dinner man). 

An aspiring broadcast journalism major with an obsession with tigers.
Contributor account for Illinois State