19 Thoughts Everyone Has During the VS Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year (and no,I’m not talking about the end of the semester); it is finally the showing of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show! So break away from studying for finals and watch the world’s most beautiful ladies strut their stuff down the runway. But first, grab the essentials: your girlfriends, a blanket, cookie dough and tissues (it’ll make sense soon). Oh, and make sure that your boyfriend is nowhere near a TV for the next month.

While watching this show can be kind of torturous, we do it year after year. Here are some thoughts that we as females tend to think during the show:

1. Wow, these women are perfect—I wonder if they are actually this perfect? *stalks Instagram for confirmation*

2. I really hope one of these girls fall so I feel better about life. #NotSorryAboutIt

3. They must not eat, or workout a million hours everyday, or maybe it’s just genetics…

4. I must keep texting my boyfriend to keep his eyes occupied on his phone and nowhere near a TV

5. Okay, Taylor Swift, you did it again. Flawless.

6. Diet and working out starts tomorrow…

7. …But first let me finish this cookie dough.

8. Is there some type of training to walk that well in heels?

9. Ed Sheeran seriously loves life right now.

10. Wait, it is okay to show this much skin on public television?

11. Whatever, looking that good isn’t even normal.

12. *jaw drops for the 1,000th time* *eats more cookie dough and cries into blanket*

13. Wait, I wonder what they look without spray tans, makeup and blowouts?

14. How does a bra cost $2 million?!

15. Adam Levine has dated several of these girls and here I am, still single.

16. …But lesbihonest, I would date them too.

17. How are they so skinny and still have bigger boobs than me?

18. What is my life?

19. *Tells friends how bitter you are as you pout before going to sleep.*

Chin up, ladies. You have one year to improve your self-esteem before the next Victoria Secret Fashion Show.

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State